Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steel Cased 300 Blackout

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    What I don't get is that why did it take until now for there to be cheap 300 BO ammo? It's a .30 cal bullet in a 5.56 case both are readily made and available through every ammo maker, so cheap brass cased ammo should have been out already.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    One reason why current ammo is so expensive is because the bullets they use are expensive, the lighter weights are usually tipped and 220 grain OTM's are not cheap either. Now 115-125 gr OTM and 150 gr FMJ's are overpriced IMO and I expect the price to come down quite a bit as companies release cheaper options like this.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    https://www.trueshotgunclub.com/wolf...unition-review

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by doesn't work well. If reliability, then I'd very much disagree as noted above.

They're not proprietary as there are options from several different manufacturers. I started with D&H and RZE Unimags. Both run 100% for me, so I have not bothered to try anything else. Much of the historical reliability issues of 7.62x39 in AR15's is related to using regular AR15 magazines or just plain junk 7.62x39 magazines. Junk magazines will cause issues in any AR15, regardless of the cartridge. The 7.62x39 magazines are generally more expensive though. As I understand it, it is a good idea to use 300Blackout specific magazines in 300Blackout chambered AR's.
    https://gunpros.com/best-magazine-for-300-blackout/

Yes. I have plenty of fun with the muzzle blast of my SBR AK's and AK pistols. However, I wonder how much of the blast is simply related to the powder chosen along with the bullet weight. 300 Blackout subsonic is specifically made for short barrels, so I'm sure they do a good job of choosing a low flash powder that burns more quickly. I bet if a similar size bullet and the same powder was used in 7.62x39, it would produce similar results.

I agree. BTW, I'm not trying to be argumentative here. I just like to discuss that why's of doing things when it comes to firearms. No real justification is needed.
    One of the drawbacks to 7.62x39 in an AR is the fact you are losing a lot of metal opening up the bolt to fit the case. Yes you can mitigate this somewhat by using high quality materials like Alexander Arms does but still even a quality 7.62x39 bolt is not going to last as long as a quality 5.56. This is the reason the 6.8 SPC went with a rebated rim and one reason 6.5 Grendel cannot gain any traction in military AR user circles
    Last edited by mack7.62; 01-26-20 at 11:55.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    reason the 6.8 SPC went with a rebated
    6.8 does not have a rebated rim.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I emailed SG Ammo to ask if they were going to be carrying this ammo. They will and it should be available March or April.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I will be interested to see how well this stuff works...especially suppressed.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The OOS listing for 20 round boxes is up, with price at ~$0.30/rd.

Hopefully that will float downward in case quantities.

https://www.sgammo.com/product/wolf-...l-case-wolf-am

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I emailed SG Ammo to ask if they were going to be carrying this ammo. They will and it should be available March or April.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post

Thanks. I just signed up to be notified when in stock.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post

On a related note are there any plans for a line of BRT barrels in 300 Blackout?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast