Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LMT Muzzle Threads not to spec (too long) ETA Garbage ass LMT

Feedback Score
    I like LMT but have been seeing more issues pop up lately. Another thread here with magwell spec issues and several on TOS

Hell they shipped out a lower that didn't have a bolt catch hole drilled

They have some great products like the mpr, Mars lowers, and ebcg. I hope they get their QC figured out

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I removed the AAC Mount and put the Vortex FH that was on it previously back on. Same exact method. Cleaned the threads w/ bronze brush and water to get old rocksett off. Dried and degreased the threads and applied new rocksett. Torqued FH to 20ft lbs.

Will see tomorrow AM if it goes back to baseline (~2 MOA)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Josh I have no idea what you are talking about but I miss you man! Lol

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uTI_S8xETSI
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Call LMT and send it in for warranty work. Its been a while since I needed to do it with them but the process wasn't bad. They received my upper, tested it within a few days and verified the problem. They replaced the barrel, retimed my suppressor mount and tested again before mailing it back to me.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Euro, I know you said you bought the barrel during the Bush Years, but you could contact LMT and explain the situation. Let them tell you no.

If that doesn't pan out, re-crown the muzzle. That will bring thread length back into tolerance and clean up the crown, which may serve to tighten up your patterns- I mean groups.

What have you to lose?
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Euro, I know you said you bought the barrel during the Bush Years, but you could contact LMT and explain the situation. Let them tell you no.

If that doesn't pan out, re-crown the muzzle. That will bring thread length back into tolerance and clean up the crown, which may serve to tighten up your patterns- I mean groups.

What have you to lose?
    I agree Euro; what’s the worst they can say? No, sorry, fix it yourself. If that is the case, send it off to John Thomas and I am sure he could fix the issue

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

This was at 50 yards firing rapidly with the original flash hider replaced. I also was in the process of zeroing and shifted it about 1.5” inches right about 20 rounds through so the group would be shifted a bit right. I have a 100y zero which is why it is low.

It’s still not shooting as good as I would like. I would say maybe 5” groups at 100y from a bench with M193.

Maybe I’ll call them and ask what’s up.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    You have more infraction points than I bucko
    That's your measure?

Oh, you poor soul

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Gotcha, now I better understand your dilemma....didn’t click at first. So it shot well with an A2 but not the AAC? Have you tried any other MDs?

Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    My LMT barrel is legit. 2” groups at 100y with a red dot and M193. I’m very happy with it. That’s with a Vortex FH.

Add the AAC and get these results. Somethings not right and the threads point to it being an issue.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Im stunned at 5 inch groups much less 20 inch groups. Ive never shot anything over that did 20 inches. I had a Winchester featherweight that they must have bored the barrel then thinned it out resulting in a shotgun barrel when it opened up. It was a 12 inch shooter, but damn that first post is insane.

I'd ship that mofo back to LMT, I bet they just give you a new barrel. No excuse for that nonsense.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast