Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington M4A1 barrel?

Feedback Score

Remington M4A1 barrel?

Legit?

https://www.cdnnsports.com/ar15-pist...l#.XhkU3ndFy70

I remember reading some years back where Remington got a limited contract for M4A1's but Colt whined and I don't recall what became of that contract. Could these be contract overruns? Looks like Remington Defense has it listed, but for foreign military contracts?

https://www.remingtondefense.com/car...tor/86612.html
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Legit?

https://www.cdnnsports.com/ar15-pist...l#.XhkU3ndFy70

I remember reading some years back where Remington got a limited contract for M4A1's but Colt whined and I don't recall what became of that contract. Could these be contract overruns? Looks like Remington Defense has it listed, but for foreign military contracts?

https://www.remingtondefense.com/car...tor/86612.html

Most likely made by DPMS which is under the Remington umbrella. Lots of Colt barrels around I'd rather use.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    Most likely made by DPMS which is under the Remington umbrella. Lots of Colt barrels around I'd rather use.
    Gonna find a complete Colt SOCOM barrel for $180? Not being critical at all but if it is what the ad says it isn't a bad deal.....and that was kind of where I was going with it: legit?

ETA: this would be for a spare barrel to throw into the safe for a rainy day. It won't be for a build I have planned or anything (but then again you know how that usually works out!).
    Last edited by ABNAK; 01-10-20 at 18:48.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Gonna find a complete Colt SOCOM barrel for $180? Not being critical at all but if it is what the ad says it isn't a bad deal.....and that was kind of where I was going with it: legit?

ETA: this would be for a spare barrel to throw into the safe for a rainy day. It won't be for a build I have planned or anything (but then again you know how that usually works out!).

I didn't say that but was just pointing out its most likely a DPMS produced component since they're under the same umbrella as Remington. These components go out to contracts for NATO transition countries where we're supplying guns to them that look like ours but made by whoever picks up the contracts.

Most likely it would be fine and shoot bullets ;-)

Feedback Score
    DPMS doesn’t make barrels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Colt was tied-up making M240s, as FN was at capacity. Remington's M4 contract bid was lower than Colt's, which got them butt-hurt and they filed a protest under military and federal acquisition regs and law. The Army lost the protest and bid the contract again, and then FN won.

Remington has exported their version to the Armed Forces of the Philippines, which is replacing their M16A1s.

That CDNN barrel would make an awesome rainy day spare.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    Colt was tied-up making M240s, as FN was at capacity. Remington's M4 contract bid was lower than Colt's, which got them butt-hurt and they filed a protest under military and federal acquisition regs and law. The Army lost the protest and bid the contract again, and then FN won.

Remington has exported their version to the Armed Forces of the Philippines, which is replacing their M16A1s.

That's what I was thinking too, especially for the price. Thanks.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post

Just curious how Colt was manufacturing M240's? 240/249/46/48 are all FN designed and produced.

M4 contracts for partner or NATO transition countries are completely different which is where these components are coming from. That big pile of Georgian M4's Russia showed off being destroyed were Bushmaster rifles we bought them.
    Last edited by Belmont31R; 01-10-20 at 21:07.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just curious how Colt was manufacturing M240's? 240/249/46/48 are all FN designed and produced.

M4 contracts for partner or NATO transition countries are completely different which is where these components are coming from. That big pile of Georgian M4's Russia showed off being destroyed were Bushmaster rifles we bought them.
    http://www.defensereview.com/colt-de...g-for-us-army/

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Scrolling down and checking related products, looks like they even have an 11.5”. Curious as to how these shoot.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast