Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington M4A1 barrel?

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Wish I would have seen these at $99. Still considering it at $180...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    If one could verify that the barrels were Remington Defense and not from their commercial side I would not hesitate to get one.

My Agency has some 11.5” select fire Remington Defense R4s and they have been accurate, durable and reliable. Remington Defense is whole other world quality wise vs Remington/DPMS/Bushmaster.
    What is the barrel marked on the Remington Defense rifles? I got mine yesterday and it is marked as follows (not sure if that indicates the Defense side or the commercial side):

REM
    5.56 NATO 1/7
    Last edited by ABNAK; 01-17-20 at 19:18.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    A real USGI barrel wouldn't not have a sling swivel mounted under the front sight base.
    Actual USGI weapons have been issued with both bottom and side sling mount configurations, so I’m not sure what you’re trying to say.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Great! Just when I promised myself I wasn't going to build anymore ARs, I find this thread.. These barrels have me curious.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Actual USGI weapons have been issued with both bottom and side sling mount configurations, so I’m not sure what you’re trying to say.
    It's not a Colt.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Got mine yesterday; looks nice and will build out a simple M-4 beater/range gun with it. Bought a BCM demo M-4 upper and USGI carry handle; I already have a AO Precision HPT/MPI BCG I got for Christmas, Colt front side swivel, LMT Carbine hand guards, and a BCM Mod 3 charging handle in my parts box. Will compare it next to my Colts, LMT, Noveske, KAC, Sionics, and BCM. Have less than $300 USD invested in the upper
    Last edited by veeklog; 01-18-20 at 21:31.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by veeklog View Post
    Got mine yesterday; looks nice and will build out a simple M-4 beater/range gun with it. Bought a BCM demo M-4 upper and USGI carry handle; I already have a AO Precision HPT/MPI BCG I got for Christmas, Colt front side swivel, LMT Carbine hand guards, and a BCM Mod 3 charging handle in my parts box. Will compare it next to my Colts, LMT, Noveske, KAC, Sionics, and BCM. Have less than $300 USD onesvted in the upper
    Well in fairness you DO have more than $300 in that upper.....you paid for those other parts at some point!

I have thought about making one of my M4geries a basic detachable carry handle with M4 oval handguards. No rails, no Aimpoints, just plain-Jane.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Well in fairness you DO have more than $300 in that upper.....you paid for those other parts at some point!

I have thought about making one of my M4geries a basic detachable carry handle with M4 oval handguards. No rails, no Aimpoints, just plain-Jane.
    Oh, I understand what you are saying; and you are right that I probably have much more than $300 USD invested, but since i didn’t buy it all at once, it doesn’t hit the wallet that hard. i buy quality parts everytime there is a sale, and I put those in my spares parts box. The AO Precision BCG I got for $60 USD during a Christmas sale. The bolt is marked MPI/HST and made from Carpenter C158 steel. With a Radian Tactical ambidextrous charging handle I paid less than $115 USD. I still have an extra Daniel Defense BCG and BCM Mod 3 charging handle that I will build another gun; just deciding on what barrel and rail.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by veeklog View Post
    Got mine yesterday; looks nice and will build out a simple M-4 beater/range gun with it. Bought a BCM demo M-4 upper and USGI carry handle; I already have a AO Precision HPT/MPI BCG I got for Christmas, Colt front side swivel, LMT Carbine hand guards, and a BCM Mod 3 charging handle in my parts box. Will compare it next to my Colts, LMT, Noveske, KAC, Sionics, and BCM. Have less than $300 USD invested in the upper
    I look forward to your range report.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I look forward to your range report.
    Sending barrel to a John Thomas at Retro Arms Work tomorrow so he can make me the spacer to achieve the 16” length for the A2 flash hider, pin and weld the A2 flash hider, and parkerize under the FSB. Bought the KAC/A2 spacers from ADCO but like an idiot sent them to my house instead of my TDY quarters����*♂️. Luckily JT makes them and they are $5 USD cheaper than ADCO’s. Hopefully will have the barrel back by early next week.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast