Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Budget trigger comparison

Feedback Score

Budget trigger comparison

I ended up building a couple kiss ar pistols after psa’s Black Friday sales.i have been buying parts for these two piecemeal with extra funds,I thought now would be a good time to try a couple different budget trigger options and post results.
    I bought an alg ect and one of the psa kits came with the ept.after assembly,I wasn’t real impressed with either,but I am admittedly ruined by a few geissele triggers in my other ar’s.
    As opposed to grinding or polishing,witch I know nothing about,I decided to give the triggers one last chance and ordered a couple of jp 4.5 pound spring kits.
    After installing the spring kits and lightly greasing the contact surfaces,the psa ept trigger had noticeably lighter smoother pull,the alg didn’t seem to gain much.both are waaaaay better than a stock milspec trigger.
    Next thing was to dispel any light strike issues associated with lighter hammer springs.believe it or not I had trouble finding steel case ammo and had to drive almost an hour to get it.I bought all they had in stock (300 rounds).i got to the range the next weekend,and a buddy and myself each took 150 rounds and picked a pistol and ran through each pistols small allotment of ammo fairly quickly,without any type of issue.
    Not really sure if all this blabbering is going anywhere other than,the psa ept trigger with jp 4.5(called the duty spring kit if I remember correctly) is a pretty big improvement over a stock trigger for about 50$

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I know "just spend more money" is a response thrown around a lot in life and can be annoying, but...a LaRue MBT-2S is only $80 and you don't have to worry about light springs and primer strikes, and I'll bet it's nicer than either of those.

Feedback Score
    I’ve yet to try the larue,geissele has always been a solid choice for my upper tier carbines.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Neither of those triggers are going to be anything but marginally better than a standard milspec trigger and are a waste of money.

The cheapest upgraded trigger that is actually good is the LaRue MBT as Warp mentioned. I have a couple and they're great 2 stage triggers.

I also like the Geissele G2S for what it is, but I'd rather have the SSA or SSA-E.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    The Hiperfire Heavy Gunner bumps up to $95 for a single stage, but can be had for less by using coupon codes.

But I think once we jump to LaRue and Hiperfire, which are both fully worth their cost, we are outside of what you’re asking.

I liked the BCM PNT when I dry fired with it. The PSA enhanced was OK, still not completely smooth.
    But really, if you don’t want to spend at least $90 with shipping, just get a LaRue trigger mount, oil up a GI trigger, and start dry firing. That smoothed out a standard PSA trigger for me; still a heavy pull, but smoother than it was originally.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Milspec78 View Post
    I’ve yet to try the larue,geissele has always been a solid choice for my upper tier carbines.
    Agreed.

The G2S is $90-100 on sale. Unless you’re a Texan with a weird fascination with ML you should always go with G.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I don't normally care much for Larue, but IMO their MBT is where it's at. They're $80 and you can get a traditional curved or flat bow style. The one I have rivals the G triggers I have and it's only about 1/3 the price.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    The Hiperfire Heavy Gunner bumps up to $95 for a single stage, but can be had for less by using coupon codes.

But I think once we jump to LaRue and Hiperfire, which are both fully worth their cost, we are outside of what you’re asking.

I liked the BCM PNT when I dry fired with it. The PSA enhanced was OK, still not completely smooth.
    But really, if you don’t want to spend at least $90 with shipping, just get a LaRue trigger mount, oil up a GI trigger, and start dry firing. That smoothed out a standard PSA trigger for me; still a heavy pull, but smoother than it was originally.
    I’ve had several Hiperfires - that was my go-to for single stage triggers, but after I got some trigger time with the MBT-1S single stage I stopped buying them. Cheaper without having to find a coupon and it’s a good trigger. I was getting some single stage trigger time in today behind a 308 I just finished doing a makeover on. It’s a damn good trigger and the Hiperfire doesn’t deliver anything that the 1S doesn’t have.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Agreed.

The G2S is $90-100 on sale. Unless you’re a Texan with a weird fascination with ML you should always go with G.
    Hmmm sounds like you’ve been drinking a LIBERAL dose of Monkey Kool-Aid from Kalifornistan.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Hmmm sounds like you’ve been drinking a LIBERAL dose of Monkey Kool-Aid from Kalifornistan.
    If only LaRue made bolt catches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast