Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Remington M4A1 barrel?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    Just curious how Colt was manufacturing M240's? 240/249/46/48 are all FN designed and produced.

M4 contracts for partner or NATO transition countries are completely different which is where these components are coming from. That big pile of Georgian M4's Russia showed off being destroyed were Bushmaster rifles we bought them.
    Have you submitted your name to the moderators for SME status?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I’d just like to point out that “E” in “SME” does in fact stand for “EXPERT”.

Funny how that works and works well..
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    I bought one a couple of days ago; initially they were advertised for $99 USD, then $129 USD, and now $179. From what has been posted about them, they are over runs from US Army COTS program and may/may not be CHF barrels; if not, they are at the very least built under the TDP. They are built on Remington’s Defense assembly line so they are not the same as DPMS barrels.

Some observations and pictures posted from people that got them from AR15.com: the barrels are proof marked “P” and some have REP = Remington English Proof (It’s their Magnaflux and proof marking), and they are chrome lined. They are not parkerized under the FSB, and the some of the 11.5” barrels have “070” on the left side of the barrel. People have measured the gas port and they measure to .070. The 14.5” barrels gas port measures .063.

Here’s my take: even at $179 USD, for a complete barrel with FSB, front sight pose, and barrel assembly, the price is good. In my parts bin I have a AO Precision MIL-SPEC BCG, BCM Gunfighter Mod 3 charging handle, and LMT Carbine hand guards. Buying all the other parts to include the M-4 upper, nitride gas tube, delta ring assembly, and A2 flash hider was $86 USD with shipping. So for less than $300 USD I get a nice truck gun.

Feedback Score
    From what I’ve been told Remington outsources their AR barrels...be it Remington Defense, Bushmaster, DPMS, etc.

From what I understand it’s to several makers and they are button rifled. They are made to spec. The same barrel makers make shit barrels and premium barrels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    From what I’ve been told Remington outsources their AR barrels...be it Remington Defense, Bushmaster, DPMS, etc.

From what I understand it’s to several makers and they are button rifled. They are made to spec. The same barrel makers make shit barrels and premium barrels.
    That is what matters to me, at or above the dreaded "mil-spec". Like has been mentioned here numerous times, the actual barrel manufacturers can move the complexity (read as quality) up or down depending what a buyer requests and is willing to pay for…..that is the important part!
    Last edited by ABNAK; 01-12-20 at 19:06.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Legit?

https://www.cdnnsports.com/ar15-pist...l#.XhkU3ndFy70

I remember reading some years back where Remington got a limited contract for M4A1's but Colt whined and I don't recall what became of that contract. Could these be contract overruns? Looks like Remington Defense has it listed, but for foreign military contracts?

https://www.remingtondefense.com/car...tor/86612.html

A real USGI barrel wouldn't not have a sling swivel mounted under the front sight base.

I'd rather have a Colt barrel.
    Last edited by scottryan; 01-13-20 at 20:29.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    After all the available facts about anything/everything related to Remington, why in the hell yall would want to buy ANYTHING with that name on it is beyond me.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    If one could verify that the barrels were Remington Defense and not from their commercial side I would not hesitate to get one.

My Agency has some 11.5” select fire Remington Defense R4s and they have been accurate, durable and reliable. Remington Defense is whole other world quality wise vs Remington/DPMS/Bushmaster.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    At first I wanted one then nah

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    At first I wanted one then nah
    For the price (and stated specs) it was a deal I can afford without much problem and will make for a decent spare to throw in my ever-growing pile of parts. Yes, I am well aware of what that likely leads to!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast