Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colt 1911 Combat Elite question

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My first 1911, A Series 70 Colt, had the "Accurizer Bushing" in it, as it was called then. And it did do just that. Ive often heard that "they were prone to breakage" but I put MANY thousands of rounds thru that gun and it was fine the day I traded it like 15 or so years later.
    Im sure somewhere there are some that broke, but for a few bucks, those bushings are a poor mans accuracy job. Buy a couple or three and roll on.
    Yes, that pistol was a DEAL @ $500.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    For $500 I would buy several of them. Good pistol at an awesome price!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The pistol of choice for Sarah Conner.... Terminator 1

Feedback Score
    I owned this model back in the day and had it lightly customized by Bob Cogan of Accurate Plating when they did pistol smithing. It was a great pistol and like so many regret selling it but used the funds to eventually purchase a Les Baer. Never had problems with the bushing but it was pretty well recognized as a weak point of the design if you plan to use it for serious purposes. I think you got a good deal especially since it has upgraded sights.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    For $500, I'll buy any and all LNIB, Unfired Colt manufactured 1911s a person has.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Would be a great candidate for a build. I always like the combat elite roll mark, little cheesy but cool.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    For $500, I'll buy any and all LNIB, Unfired Colt manufactured 1911s a person has.
    No shit that is awesome. Send your buddy my way. I hope he has Barrett’s , AI’s and his son has taken no interest. Colt NIB for 5 hunit.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    You can call or email colt, they have their archives and can tell you more about guns based on serial numbers. It’s a neat gun and a steal for $500

Feedback Score
    Those bushings were “weak” because people disassembled their guns incorrectly. All 1911’s, but especially those, should have the bushing removed with the gun out of battery.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12