Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "1917"

Feedback Score

"1917"

Saw this movie today. Thought it was very well done. I'm no WW1 expert but the uniforms, weapons, and backgrounds/sets looked very close to all the pictures I've seen.

I've been hearing of Golden Globe nominations and the like. I hope it wins big, but not sure what criteria they use. A very good flick, but I don't think I'd put it up there with "Saving Private Ryan" or similar.

It did prominently feature my all-time favorite military rifle, the Lee-Enfield No 1 Mk 3 (SMLE).
    Last edited by Slater; 01-11-20 at 14:11.

Feedback Score
    Finally.

I've been waiting what real people (especially amateur film critics) have to say about this one. (Not professional, paid "critics")

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I saw it last night. It was okay, but having seen it now, I would pass on it If I could do it over.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I saw it last night. It was okay, but having seen it now, I would pass on it If I could do it over.
    It's between this and the new Star Wars tonight.. the wife and I aren't big Star Wars fans.. is 1917 that bad?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    It's between this and the new Star Wars tonight.. the wife and I aren't big Star Wars fans.. is 1917 that bad?

I didn't think it was bad at all. I went into it with pretty low expectations, and was pleasantly surprised.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    Not bad, maybe my expectations were a little to high. 1917 easily over Star Wars for me.

Feedback Score
    We take the family and ranch crew once a month to Albuquerque for a big lunch and a movie. It's a 3 hour drive one way. Saw 1917. It was well worth every dollar spent. A lot of times when you go to a movie, you leave with a feeling that it was OK. This movie leaves you with a feeling that you just saw something different, presented in a way that made you feel part of the action. Acting was great, production value was stunning, and you actually feel like you are there in April of 1917. Again, worth every dollar spent.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    I'll watch it using KODI when I get around to it

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Saw it yesterday and liked it, I feel it really captured the feel of what the war was like, don't know how they did it but set design was spectacular.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    We take the family and ranch crew once a month to Albuquerque for a big lunch and a movie. It's a 3 hour drive one way. Saw 1917. It was well worth every dollar spent. A lot of times when you go to a movie, you leave with a feeling that it was OK. This movie leaves you with a feeling that you just saw something different, presented in a way that made you feel part of the action. Acting was great, production value was stunning, and you actually feel like you are there in April of 1917. Again, worth every dollar spent.
    Pretty much this. If you were expecting an action shoot em' up war movie then this isnt it. If you want an immersive WWI experience then this movie nails it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast