Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "1917"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The new Star Wars movie sucks balls. 1917 would have to be very bad to be worse than that steaming pile.

Feedback Score
    the trenchlines looked amazingly well done and the overall visuals were outstanding.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yeah the only thing that would have made it more realistic would be smell-o-vision.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    The new Star Wars movie sucks balls.
    As expected. Even worse than the last two or on par with those?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Saw it last Thursday and came away thinking that this was very good. The only thing missing with the trench warfare was being gassed. Story line, acting, sets etc was very good. Only negative thing I can say is that this was a movie that I'd only see once. One thing that really stood out, and this is kind of macabre, is that when the one Brit was stabbed by the German pilot his face turned grey awful quick. 1st thought was damn they killed him off pretty quick and that was even before he died.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    Saw it last Thursday and came away thinking that this was very good. The only thing missing with the trench warfare was being gassed. Story line, acting, sets etc was very good. Only negative thing I can say is that this was a movie that I'd only see once. One thing that really stood out, and this is kind of macabre, is that when the one Brit was stabbed by the German pilot his face turned grey awful quick. 1st thought was damn they killed him off pretty quick and that was even before he died.
    No gas? That and the trenches pretty defined WWI. That seems a odd oversight not to include. Even Hitler refused to use gas after what he saw and experienced.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I was struck by the difference between the English and German trenches "even their rats are bigger".
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    As expected. Even worse than the last two or on par with those?
    About on par.

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    No gas? That and the trenches pretty defined WWI. That seems a odd oversight not to include. Even Hitler refused to use gas after what he saw and experienced.
    I don't think there was any gas because it wouldn't have suited the story and likely wouldn't have made sense anywhere.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 01-13-20 at 13:33.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    This movie leaves you with a feeling that you just saw something different, presented in a way that made you feel part of the action. Acting was great, production value was stunning, and you actually feel like you are there in April of 1917. Again, worth every dollar spent.
    This is a great summary, and pretty much exactly how i felt. It wasn't a ton of action from start to finish, and doesn't focus on the big intense battles like the Somme or Verdun, but the cinematography was amazing, and they definitely did a great job of making you feel like you were there. It was very well done and unique. Worth seeing in the theater IMO.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    I was struck by the difference between the English and German trenches "even their rats are bigger".
    I noticed a big difference right off the bat. As soon as they came over and into the German trenches I was amazed at all of the concrete supports and how technical they were compared to the English trenches. They even had beds.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast