Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SPR 2020; which barrel??

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

SPR 2020; which barrel??

Hey forum mates;

I might be building an SPR upper soon, and having trouble deciding on what brand of barrel to get. To start I am looking at the following brands; Wilson Combat, Larue, SOLGW, and TriArc. They are all in the $250 - $300 range. Does anyone have first hand experience with any of these tubes?

https://sonsoflibertygw.com/18-match...r-qpq-hpt-mpi/

https://shopwilsoncombat.com/Match-G...556SPRRG18FT8/

https://www.larue.com/products/5-56-stealth-barrel-k/

https://triarcsystems.com/product/17...ck-2-0-barrel/

Right now Im leaning towards Triarc and SOLGW.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No idea but I want a Lilja unless someone can seriously talk me out of one

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I’d at least put this on your radar:

http://www.blackrivertactical.com/co...tegory=1852006
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    There are lots of good options.

I have seen some mixed feedback on the larue stealth barrels but more good than bad.

Sage Dynamics just did a review of SOLGW gun and the barrel wasnt spr profile or length but it was very accurate do the spr probably is too. Another advantage to SOLGW is they will replace it if you ever shoot it out

Some other good options

BRT that jediguy recommended above. Gas system length and gas port size are on point

White oak SPR barrel- this is my go to recommendation. They are really good barrels and shoot awesome. Brownells had on sale for $239 frequently

Compass lake criterion barrel. A little above $300, if you can swing in the $360 range they have Douglas barrels that shoot lights out

Keystone Accuracy- these guys are very good and have several blanks they can spin a barrel from. They make very accurate barrels in your price range

As you can see lots of good options

Rainier arms ultra match- these shoot lights out as well

Feedback Score
    I have a WOA 20 inch 1/7 twist that has worked really well. I can bang 5 inch plates at 500 yards if I do my part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpb1776 View Post
    I have a WOA 20 inch 1/7 twist that has worked really well. I can bang 5 inch plates at 500 yards if I do my part
    I had a 16" WOA that was a wonderful shooter, I gave the upper to a buddy (GW), but from what I understand its still shooting solid.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    Hey forum mates;

I might be building an SPR upper soon, and having trouble deciding on what brand of barrel to get.
    Rainier Arms is pretty particular about the barrels they have made, they are worth a look as well.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I had a 16" WOA that was a wonderful shooter, I gave the upper to a buddy (GW), but from what I understand its still shooting solid.
    Mines been great. Have a 16 inch bcm stainless that started shooting well after a very long break in period. As like 300 rounds thing drove me nuts for a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Douglas barrels.

Thread/

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast