Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Absolutely awesome Snubby Podcast over at Primary&Secondary

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Absolutely awesome Snubby Podcast over at Primary&Secondary

Amazing discussion of stubbies over at P&S. Even if you are deep in snubby lore you will learn something

Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Whenever I spend times with Rob Garrett, it always involved BBQ and snubby revolvers talk.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    The 2” mod 12, .38, alloy “K” frame has always been my favorite Snubby.
    The ideal combination of size, weight, “shootability” and 6 rounds. A dandy Winter, “Pocket Gun”.

IMG_0649.jpeg

D243D14D-ADF7-489A-B0E6-056215796D54.jpeg
    Last edited by gaijin; 10-30-23 at 20:48.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I will be at Revolver Roundup in a few weeks. I have made every one of them since they started in Dallas 10 years ago.

Those guys know revolvers. Mark Fricke and Bryan Eastridge are on the staff for the event.

Man, I need to post pictures of the 1911 MEU(SOC) pistol Bryan built for me. It's perfect. I handed it to Justin Dyal (Marine Raider LtCol retired) last weekend, and he said Bryan nailed it.

And you know what Justin uses to practice his trigger press? S&W K-frame revolvers.

You want to get good with a striker-fired semi-auto? Pick up a double-action revolver.

I have been running a Ruger 327 LCR for a while, and it's nice. Six rounds, carries well, and is a sweetheart with the newest Hamre Forge grips.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    The ideal combination of size, weight, “shootability” and 6 rounds. A dandy Winter, “Pocket Gun”.

IMG_0649.jpeg

I love those! I have a RB and a SB 2" Model 12, both are pound puppies. Look a bit street worn, but wonderful to carry and shoot. Carries like a J-frame, shoots like a K-frame.

If Smith would reintroduce a 3" RB Model 12 with a bobbed DAO hammer and no lock, they would sell everyone of them they could build. Just look at how much a 3" RB Model 64 goes for. I have three of them, and they are averaging $800 each right now on Gunbroker.

A 3" heavy barrel RB Model 10-8 goes for a grand right now. A 2" RB Model 10-8 goes for $2,200 to $2,500 if you can find one. I am scared to shoot mine, it's basically irreplaceable.

Feedback Score
    Their Snubby/Revolver episodes are some of my favorites. There are a few they’ve put out over the last few years.
    Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    You want to get good with a striker-fired semi-auto? Pick up a double-action revolver.
    Truth.

When I get time on my snubs, everything gets better.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Truth.

When I get time on my snubs, everything gets better.
    I could not agree more. ST911 is correct, as always.

Want to be a good shooter with your Glock, M&P or P30?

Buy a 4" 686 and a 2" Model 15, practice for a year, and you will see your group size cut in half.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Yes. There was a time when Double Action Revo’s were all one shot in PPC and NRA Action Pistol.
    That definitely increased your level of proficiency with Auto Loaders. Sight Picture, Trigger Control. Focus.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post

IMG_0649.jpeg

Completely agree, and congrats on a beautiful example of a perfect snubby that many would like to see S&W build with modern metallurgy.

-Rainman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast