Thread: J-frame Manifesto/ How I set up my J-frames

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Reading this thread makes me want to reconsider the purchase of a 38/357 J frame !

Feedback Score
    I use an XS Big Dot front sight and Pachmayr Compaq grips on my EDC, and the Compaq grips on any J Frame I shoot regularly.Attachment 63981
    Last edited by Black_Sheep; 10-09-20 at 20:36.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Having a full fingered grip on a j frame makes a world of difference in being able to shoot comfortably and accurately. I get that those little grips conceal better but not much good if follow up shots are harder to make because the grip is so small for the recoil.

Feedback Score
    I have used various methods over the years to mitigate recoil in my 442. Thousands of rounds have been put through it, and the short version is that I have cut my hand on the backstrap using boot grips and a high hold during long practice sessions and warm loads.

BTW, laser grips make a big difference:

Years back sitting at my desk at work I super glued a half an earplug to the backstrap as a cushion as a temporary fix. It stayed on there for a few years. Then I ended up using EVA foam which worked fantastic. It was held in place with hockey tape.

Earplug mod:

EVA:

The latest iteration is a thin strip of leather held in place with hockey tape.

Since using the various "cushion" mods, I have yet to cu my hand and I can extend my practice sessions. It may look redneck as hell, but it works great.
    THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.