Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WHat multitool?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

WHat multitool?

SO I am in need of a multi tool and the market has exploded since my army days and only having a reg Leatherman or Gerber. So what are the best multi tools out there and what should one look for in one?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Leatherman Wave

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Leatherman Wave
    \Thread
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I run the more affordable Leatherman Rebar and Sidekick. I find it hard justifying spending close to $100 on a multi tool that I ultimately may wind up losing. But Leatherman still seems to be king in the MT dept. Blade HQ has some good comparison videos.

Feedback Score
    Leatherman Wave
    This bears repeating. The Rebar isn't half bad either.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My two faves - original Leatherman Wave, Victorinox Swisstool Spirit.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Leatherman Wave.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Another vote for the Wave.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Leatherman Wave
    Ditto.
    Just be advised that if you get a Black one that the coating will rub off on everything, so you need to spend some time wiping it down with a cloth or paper towel after you get it unless you want black fingers every time you use it. Also, be aware that the knife blade, which is also coated, is insanely sharp, and you WILL cut yourself on it when wiping the coating residue off.
    D'oh.
    The only downside to the wave is that the factory sheath sucks, and it doesn't come with the belt clip (derp) but there's plenty of other pistol pouches on the market to make up for that.

If you want an AR/gun-specific multitool, I'd try the Multitasker first. Had a LM MUT to start with, and honestly was not impressed. There are not enough "multitool-ish" features to use it as a full multitool, and not enough weapon-tool features for it to really be useful in that regard. Especially since the wrench/sight tool is *separate* from the thing, the pouch sucks and doesn't fit the extra tool in it with the MUT, and you will end up either not carrying the wrench-tool, or loosing it.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    I'll go against the group...

Leatherman Wave... Plus!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast