Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WHat multitool?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I edc a Leatherman Squirt P4 when I am not far from real stand alone tools that will do the job better.

When I know that won't be the case I pack an old PST.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have several leatherman tools, my only complaint is the steel used for the knife blades.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    I have several leatherman tools, my only complaint is the steel used for the knife blades.
    I haven't been wild about the blades in the PST or the Squirt in my pocket either and carry a Spyderco, Buck, or something else for cutting. The thumbs up on the Wave blade has my curiosity up. Occasionally carry a Victorinox which cuts better, but the tools aren't always as functional as the Leatherman.

I have seen a description before that a SAK is a knife that happens to have a set of tools attached to it while a Leatherman is a set of tools that happens to have a knife attached to them.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Is that "Multi Tasker" still a thing? Pappabear has one that's nice. It may be too geared to gun stuff though...
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chef8489 View Post
    SO I am in need of a multi tool and the market has exploded since my army days and only having a reg Leatherman or Gerber. So what are the best multi tools out there and what should one look for in one?
    There are multi-tools for nearly every application. You can find one with tons of tools for cycling, another that has tools for the AR-15, another that is bedecked in wrenches and suited for automotive work...

Since folks already threw the best-in-class for day to day use, the Wave, at you, I'd suggest you take a look at some Gerber tools. Once I had two Waves, I grabbed a couple of $30-45 Gerbers and tossed them into various bags. The answer to "what's the best multi-tool" is "the one you have at the time of need." To that end, I distributed them throughout my gear so that I was never without. My work bag and main travel / fun bag had a Wave in them, but other bags had the Gerbers. More than once, this came in handy. And, besides a bit of fit/finish, there's no appreciable difference for most tasks.

Something to consider.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Is that "Multi Tasker" still a thing? Pappabear has one that's nice. It may be too geared to gun stuff though...
    I was wondering the same thing. Eggroll make a nice pouch for them too.

Here it is...
    http://www.extremegearlabs.com/accessories.html

Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    Which is supposed to be a strong point of the Multi Tasker
    Last edited by titsonritz; 02-20-20 at 13:52.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Leatherman is great. However Gerber is 1 handed deployment of the tool

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think it just depends what you want and how hard you'll use it. I have a Wave Plus and a Charge from Leatherman and without question they're better than my Gerber budget multis (Suspension and Dime). But they also cost 5-7x more and most of the things I use these tools for the Suspension in particular (the Dime is too small for some jobs) will do just as well.

Feedback Score
    Another vote for the tree hugger Leatherman company, carried a Super tool on the belt for years still have it but mostly drop the Charge in a pocket for every day carry if out and about
    "A shot never fired is always a miss"

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    The Leatherman Free P4 has been working fine for my needs. No regrets.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast