Thread: Experimental barrel extension? Anybody seen one of these?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Experimental barrel extension? Anybody seen one of these?

I stumbled across this in my junk parts bin as I forgot I had it. As I remember it was in a box of stuff that was be tossed and boss said anyone that wanted anything out of it take it or it was going to the dump. Not being one to pass up such I got this.

It appears to be made of three pieces.

The outside sleeve, the bird cage and the threaded section in the back. I assume this was press fit together. There is only one chamber in side and no baffles. There is no evidence of welding. silver solder etc so press fit seems the only logical conclusion.

The only thing I can think it might be is an extension for the CAR15 as when it came out the muzzle blast was awesome and the Medical Dept opinion was it was very close to rupturing ear drums with one shot and they had all the barrels made up so they put extensions on. All the others I have ever seen the extension is much longer than this.

I tried to photograph inside but flash would not line up to show inside but with flashlight there is a fair amount of firing residue build up in it.

Thought yawl might be interested.
    Last edited by Humpy70; 01-12-20 at 13:52.