I borrowed a friends Vectronix range finder. Mark and found a mile shot at another location on the same ranch. Kind of a pisser to get to and set up. Later we went to our normal hide and shot out to 1,300. We then went to the 1,300 target to paint and and see if we could range something looking back towards the hide. Much to my surprise we were able to laze a hill at exactly 1760. We then drove to the spot on this very rocky mountainside. Except this little platuea that was flat and free of rocks, amazing luck.

We took the shooting Matt, 300WM, 230 Atips that we just chrono’d at 2836 FPS. Had a buddy run numbers from home and came up with 17.4 mills. We had a strong tail wind so I shaved .2 off, laid down sent one that hit low right. Didn’t need that .2 shaved, added the .2 to get back to 17.4 mills. Missed next one on wind, 3rd shot and hit indicator lit up. Mark jumped on gun and made first round hit with previous DOPE.

We did the exact same thing with our 225 ELD’s but had to bump up the DOPE as the BC not as high.

Looking forward to trying some hits next week with 6.5CM and possible 308. Our target is something like 24X24, so not huge but doable for sure. Pretty pumped to get on with my 3rd try.

Pretty good stuff.

PB