Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First day at 1 mile

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    BRAVO!!

I love it when guys hit the one mile target for the first time. It gives one a real sense of accomplishment.

There are folks who have much more expensive equipment that will immediately get you into a two-mile dick-measuring contest -- just because.

Developing your skills and tuning yourself, rifle, scope, and equipment to take it to the ragged edge of what is possible with what you have -- priceless.

Great job, guys!
    Sinsiter, thanks man. Making a hit on the 3rd attempt made me want to pound my chest just a bit. Good day for sure.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    BRAVO!!

I love it when guys hit the one mile target for the first time. It gives one a real sense of accomplishment.
    I honestly couldn't get to sleep that night.. taking it all in. However, I almost feel like we got onto steel too easily if that makes sense. Pappabear dialed onto steel on round 3, and I got to ride that coat tail for a first round hit. We definitely paid our dues over the past several years learning most things the hard way.

Now that we have a regular spot to shoot it, I'm sure we'll get our asses handed to use in the future.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Now that we have a regular spot to shoot it, I'm sure we'll get our asses handed to use in the future.
    Nope. Now it comes down to practice.

Once might be an accident. Do it on call (within your capability to load good ammo), make good wind calls, break good shots -- that's capability.

Teach and coach it -- that's competence.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My heroes!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ... and WHO lives better than you!

Awesome shootin’, love your posts!
    Given that 10-shots are a group and 5-shots may be a favorable trend ... know that just one good 3-shot group can make you an instant internet superstar!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    My heroes!
    Agreed, that is awesome guys, congratulations to both of you!
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Agreed, that is awesome guys, congratulations to both of you!
    Thanks fellas, means something coming credible shooters.
    Come to AZ and check that box anytime.
    PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Thanks fellas, means something coming credible shooters.
    Come to AZ and check that box anytime.
    PB
    Is that invite extended to me?

P.S. 0.7 mil less for the A-tips. That's crazy.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    The A-tips shot outstanding that day. We got fresh chrono data and shot a 3 round group for zero, etc. Mid 2800s and stacked holes.

We were going to sling a few at a rock pile on a hill we lasered earlier, but went out to our 1300 and found a hill that was 1 mile. It was a last minute effort on our way off the property.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Is that invite extended to me?

Come the **** on down Brother. Long way from the sunshine state, which I love. Go to St Augie every year with the Fam. Grew up going to Neptune beach every year with the fam.

Yes, our Atips were 2836fps and 225 ELD were 2887 last chrono and still spanked them by .7 mils

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 01-17-20 at 17:24.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast