Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: To those if you who’ve shot a P365 and G43...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Happy1 View Post
    I think you miss the point of the firearm. No one is arguing it is better than a midsize pistol, try those same tests against a G43 or similar micro 9mm.
    That was my mistake. I meant to say 43X

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Arik - could the difference in results be due to the trigger?

I am guessing the rental had a higher round count on it so the trigger may have been a little smoother/lighter.

Feedback Score
    EzGoin' is likely on to something. For some reason, my SAS has a smoother trigger than the regular 365, which somewhat compensates for the more challenging sights.
    For the OP, shoot your pistol some more; see what happens. It's not like it's throwing shots off the paper.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    Arik - could the difference in results be due to the trigger?

I am guessing the rental had a higher round count on it so the trigger may have been a little smoother/lighter.
    Possible. Going to the range tomorrow again and bringing different ammo

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I finally rented a 365 the other day and I was sold. Glock 43 is on the chopping block. I don't think the trigger is as good as a 5th Gen Glock (still better than the 43), but it's not bad. Seemed to have a fair amount of takeup and a poorly defined break, but the reset is noticeable and crisp. I was amazed at how small it really is and how well I shot it - fits my hand much better than the 43. Recoil was very manageable with 147gr stuff, but noticeably snappier with 115. With the little extension on a 10 round mag, it was still more comfortable for me to hang my pinky below it. I may file down the front of the lip on mine - anyone else tried that?

Picked up a Hellcat (didn't shoot it) and I was underwhelmed. I really like the "U" sights on it, though.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I now own both, for the time being. My G43 is for sale now. The 365 is smaller in every dimension than the 43, shoots well, carries well, and holds 10rds in its smallest magazine. So far, very impressed with this pistol.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Having shot the 320 carry (X grip) 365, 365XL, 19 (gen 5), 43, 43X and 48 now side by side, my order of preference for these pistols swings heavily in favor of the 365XL, followed by the 365, with the 48 a distant third choice (not including the 320 and the 19 in the comparison)

One thing that both a buddy of mine and I have noticed is that the 365 and 365 XL frames do a really good job of allowing you to establish a firm two-handed grip in a way that doesn't feel "crowded". Controlling the Sig pistols by comparison was pleasant, and felt-recoil seemed to be much less, honestly nearly in-line with a G19 or 320 carry when it came to the 365XL...

Neither of us could say the same of the Glock 43, 43X, or 48 - we both noticed that our support hand felt like it didn't quite fit on the frame without disrupting the firing-hand grip, and our hands fall into the medium/large category.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The P365 trigger isn't strange, the Glock trigger is. Both are two stage, partially cocked triggers, but the Glock trigger has a couple odd quirks the P365 thankfully lacks. First, the Glock trigger stacks and not in a linear way. Pull weight increases as the striker is being cocked but just before it breaks, it rises sharply. It feels like a trigger does in that moment just before a shooter realizes the pistol isn't going to fire because the safety is still engaged. When the trigger does break, it's spongy.

Once the first stage is taken up, the weight of the P365 trigger pull remains the same. No stacking. The break is like the double action break of a Smith & Wesson revolver or 3rd gen auto loader. Much smoother than the staple gun trigger of a Glock.

The second quirk is Glock trigger stays pinned back until the slide returns to battery. When shooting quickly, I let my trigger finger relax and be pushed forward by the trigger. As the Glock trigger doesn't return right away, it feels like I've lost the trigger and my brain starts wondering what went wrong. To me, a trigger is supposed to return as soon as the trigger finger relaxes. The P365 does.

The trigger of the P365 can be described as a two stage, partially cocked double action. It's smooth from start to finish with no stacking. Just roll through the trigger pull. It's also easy to stop the trigger press if the shooter changes their mind. It feels much like a smoothed out standard AR trigger, but with a first stage and more creep. Not strange at all.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 03-10-20 at 07:17.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftie View Post
    One thing that both a buddy of mine and I have noticed is that the 365 and 365 XL frames do a really good job of allowing you to establish a firm two-handed grip in a way that doesn't feel "crowded". Controlling the Sig pistols by comparison was pleasant, and felt-recoil seemed to be much less, honestly nearly in-line with a G19 or 320 carry when it came to the 365XL...
    That sums up well another thing I liked about the 365 vs. the 43 and 48. A two handed grip was very comfortable. I also had a 48 for about 2 weeks and after 300 or so rounds I couldn't stand it - just something about my hands and its grip did not work well together. I was shifting my grip back into position a lot with the 43 and I just couldn't get a good grip with the 48. I didn't have that with the 365. The recoil is noticeably less sharp to me with the 365 compared to the 43, too.

I'm not crazy about any Sig from the last 10 years, but it's hard to deny they came up with a winner in the 365, as long as it proves reliable.

Feedback Score
    The P365 has sent me down the SIG rabbit hole, followed by an M18 and a P320 Carry. The last two now wear size S grips, which is likely why I like the P365. I have small hands, tho' the XL and 12 round mags can solve that problem for those with big mitts.
    Love mine; only caveat, I've run into a couple bad mags. One resolved itself with some use; the other went back to SIG for replacement.
    As far as being pocketable, the 365 is and the G43 isn't. And the SIG is more pleasant to shoot.
    Moon

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast