Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: To those if you who’ve shot a P365 and G43...

Feedback Score

To those if you who’ve shot a P365 and G43...

Quote Originally Posted by James Dean View Post
    I rented a Sig P365, a 365 SAS and a Hellcat. I shot all three side by side and bought the Sig P365. I traded in my Glock 43 and a Sig P238. The G43 was my least favorite gun to shoot. I really didn't care for the recoil. My CC was the G42 now its the Sig P365. I also found the P365 fits in my Glock 42 Alabama pocket holster. IMO Sig has hit a home run with the P365.
    I did the same thing. I rented the Hellcat, P365 and P365 XL. I hadn’t shot a gun in three months and was amazed at how accurately I was shooting the Sigs. The Hellcat was okay, but I only shot two Mags through it as I didn’t care for the grip and My groups weren’t as tight as with the p365. I have a G48 that was given to me that I’d been carrying for about a year. I never shot it that well. I’ll keep it , but Its been replaced by my new P365 XL for my EDC.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Leaving Glock?

At first I liked the 365. The more I shoot it the less I like its size. I'm thinking maybe the XL for summer to replace the G19.
    Except for my 10mm, I think I'm done with Glock.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftie View Post
    The only thing that threw me off initially with the 365 XL was the stock trigger, which is flat-faced. It's easy to replace if you're more comfortable with a curved trigger.
    Here I thought I was the only person that prefers a curved (normal) trigger. I had an Apex flat trigger unit in a 19 and I could never get used to it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    Here I thought I was the only person that prefers a curved (normal) trigger. I had an Apex flat trigger unit in a 19 and I could never get used to it.
    Ha! Glad to see that I'm not the only one around here who prefers a normal trigger.

I can see how flat triggers can be more forgiving for shooters who are used to them, but the trigger press and finger pad placement is all weird to me by comparison to a normal trigger, and that translated into much less consistency on follow-up shots and being able to stack the trigger against "the wall" before breaking a shot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by teksid View Post
    I did the same thing. I rented the Hellcat, P365 and P365 XL. I hadn’t shot a gun in three months and was amazed at how accurately I was shooting the Sigs. The Hellcat was okay, but I only shot two Mags through it as I didn’t care for the grip and My groups weren’t as tight as with the p365. I have a G48 that was given to me that I’d been carrying for about a year. I never shot it that well. I’ll keep it , but Its been replaced by my new P365 XL for my EDC.
    The P365 is a real nice choice. I like everything about the P365 from the stock trigger to the choice of 10,12,or 15 round Sig mags. Its an impressive package for a mirco 9mm

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The P365 is a fine handgun, but keep a replacement extractor & extractor spring on hand.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    The P365 is a fine handgun, but keep a replacement extractor & extractor spring on hand.
    Can you elaborate here? It sounds like there's a good story...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftie View Post
    Can you elaborate here? It sounds like there's a good story...
    I put two or three thousand rounds through mine doing drills intended for service pistols and wore out the extractor. Started to have failures to extract. Installed a new Sig extractor kit and it's now 100% again. Not much of a story, but the pistol was down until extractor kits became available again.

I also replaced the action spring.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 03-17-20 at 12:20.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I put two or three thousand rounds through mine doing drills intended for service pistols and wore out the extractor. Started to have failures to extract. Installed a new Sig extractor kit and it's now 100% again. Not much of a story, but the pistol was down until extractor kits became available again.

2-3k before an extractor issue seems like a bit of a low round-count, but that might just be because I don't have a relative frame of reference for 9mm subcompacts. Do you think that the malfunction was caused by extractor design, or from a material issue?

Feedback Score

What kind of record keeping did you do. Was it 2k or 3k? Mine has 2500 on it documented. No problems yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast