Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To those if you who’ve shot a P365 and G43...

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

To those if you who’ve shot a P365 and G43...

I don’t like to change my carry guns. I’ve had two in the last decade. A S&W 642 and then a G43 when it was released.

The P365 has caught my eye due to similar size as the 43 but 4 more rounds. I pocket carry exclusively. If it won’t fit in my pocket I won’t carry. Is there really no size difference? I would imagine even if the “height” “length” and “width” are smaller just the shape alone could cause an issue with it not fitting in a pocket.

I’ve also heard less than stellar reviews. Failures, parts issues, etc.

I’m also a total Glock fanboy and shoot the 43 decently well.

What would you do? What do you guys think of both guns?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    I’m anti-Sig for the most part.

I got a new and unfired P365 on a trade deal in February ‘19. It was new production and said to have the final iteration of the striker.

When I got it home, I disassembled and cleaned it it. I noticed a burr on the striker where the trigger assembly lets the striker fall. I don’t know Sig’s name for it. Sig wouldn’t trade me out strikers and replacements were over $40 and no guarantee of getting one of the old ones known to be problematic. So I filed it down and rocked on.

To date I have 2500 rounds on the pistol without a single malfunction. I also let a friend borrow it and he put 300-500 down it (he just guesstimated for what it’s worth). He also had no problems.

It seems if you get one made after December ‘18, you’re much less likely to have issues.

As I said I’m anti-Sig.

I actually like the little gun.

The good:

I shoot it well. I’ve gotten 90+ B8s at 25 with it. I’m fairly confident for 15 yard headshots. The trigger feels weird, but somehow doesn’t suck. It’s comfortable for a small gun. No Glock knuckle. It disappears due to the size. I’ve carried it in many many non-permissive environments which getting outed carried dire consequences—-no problem. The sights don’t suck. It’s easier for me to shoot than a 43. The grip texture is descent to hold onto without being so aggressive it might rub you raw.

The bad: magazines are expensive. It’s Sig (I know, I know). The finish is terrible, all the edges were worn after a handful of draws from the holster. There is a learning curve to the trigger. The gun feels cheap. Magazines are hard to load to capacity at first.

I am anti-Sig. The P365 is the best thing Sig has done in a long time, at least from a design perspective. Now that it is past it’s growing pains, I think it’s the best option in that category. I was offered to trade it for a 43X or Vickers 43, or a P10S and I didn’t do it. Somehow, because I’m anti-Sig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Both are good guns. The P365 has an edge over the 43 due to capacity, but honestly, I would rather have a P365XL or G48 over the P365/G43. The larger frame and slide give a bit more control and increased capacity. The P365XL also has the benefit of an optics ready slide, even if the current options are not ideal.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Own the 43 and have shot a friends 365. I felt the 365 was a little less snappy. The trigger is kind of weird to me in soft clunky way if that makes sense. Take up is a little tool long for my liking but the reset is not too bad. Definitely not as long as the take up. I handled a 365XL today in a store coincidentally and it intrigued me enough to be considering one. 3.7" barrel and 12 round capacity is pretty compelling. I have to assume it's going to be a little more controllable again than the standard 365. The 365XL with optic is also interesting but not sure about a sig optic on a carry gun.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am not a fan of recently produced Sig products due to the spotty quality control they have displayed the past several years. As a result I resisted the P365 for a long time. A friend had one and I spent some range time with it...I was sold. My 43 got sold and I had a 365 the next day.

It checks all the boxes for a small gun that will actually shoot like a bigger gun. It is shorter than a 43, about the same height, and just slightly wider in the grip while holding 10 rounds. I actually find the slightly wider grip to be a good thing as it gives me a bit more to hold onto. Performance wise I found the P365 was a pleasant surprise. My first two drills were to run "The Test". 10 rounds, 10 yards in under 10 seconds on a B8. Scored a 98 in just over 8 seconds...mind you these were the first ten rounds out of the gun and I had no idea where the sights were regulated to. My next drill was 25 yard head shots standing unsupported. Five rounds went into a group of 3". At that point I was sold.

I agree with Isllc's assessment. Trigger takes a bit of getting used to. A bit of a rolling break if you will. Not terrible...just different for a striker fired gun. Mags are pricey...but how many do you need for a deep concealment gun? The 15 round magazine is a plus and I use them for my reload.

Sig has dropped the ball recently. I'm old enough to remember when the name Sig meant quality. You knew a 226 or 228 was going to work and worth the premium price. Now even the legacy guns are having some issues. The 320 was rife with issues. I bought an MCX against my better judgement and got bit by a gun that wouldn't shoot better than a 6" group at 100 yards with 55 grain ball. With 77 grain ammo it got down to 1.5" but who can afford to just shoot 77 grain? Even the early reports on the 365 were not stellar. As I said I resisted the 365 for a long time, which may be a good thing since it let someone else play beta tester. I got my gun three weeks ago and after a few hundred rounds I'm not disappointed at this point. Once I get a chance to qual with it, it will move into my back-up role to my Glock 17 which isn't going anywhere.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I didn't care for the 43 at all and jumped on the 43X when I had the chance. Ended up renting the 365 just to compare

My 365 rental came with an extended 12 round mag so it is a little longer than it would be with a 10 round flush mag.

Here is the 365 with a 12 round mag, the only mag I was given, compared to the 43X.

I found the 365 easier to shoot more accurately without having to move my trigger finger

Specs
    I think if you can pocket a 43 youd be fine with the 365
    Last edited by Arik; 01-13-20 at 06:38.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The 365 is on my short list. Thanks for sharing the reviews on it guys.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Haven`t shot the G43 , but have a P365 XL with a little over 350 rounds through .
    Pro : Accurate little devil , easy to conceal , good out of the box sights , flat trigger ( which I really like ) , zero malfunctions for me . Ammo is 147 gr. Lawman .
    Trigger is not as good as my PPQ`s , but I have over 3,000 rounds through them .
    Con : My lady has had 4 or 5 failure to go into battery . Problem is almost certainly with her as I`ve has zero issues ..... not limp wrist as she fires an XD S , .45 with no problems.
    Had to put a Hogue grip sleeve on as I like a slightly larger/thicker grip .... maybe not a con ,just a personal preference .

Otherwise , I like the gun and will be spending more time on the range with it soon . When it gets to 500 rounds with no failures and then several boxes of my SD rounds , it will be a Summer carry gun .

Feedback Score
    I rented a Sig P365, a 365 SAS and a Hellcat. I shot all three side by side and bought the Sig P365. I traded in my Glock 43 and a Sig P238. The G43 was my least favorite gun to shoot. I really didn't care for the recoil. My CC was the G42 now its the Sig P365. I also found the P365 fits in my Glock 42 Alabama pocket holster. IMO Sig has hit a home run with the P365.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have a decent experience with G43, 43x, and 48 as I owned them. I have several hundred rounds through 365, and I wouldn't own one. It is too small for adequate hand purchase for me, and I shot circles around it with G43.

However comma I traded my 43 for a 365XL as I find it a qualitatively better gun than 365. 365XL and G48 are my small format guns now, with 48 being more shootable. Probably not much help to OP since neither of the two are pocketable. Then again, I personally dont consider any of the 9 mm guns mentioned in this thread pocketable on account of trigger properties and gun weights.
    Last edited by YVK; 01-14-20 at 00:20.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast