Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: To those if you who’ve shot a P365 and G43...

Feedback Score
    I have an early P365. I have sent it back to Sig 2x to get it working. The last time I sent it was October timeframe. When I sent it, it had a documented 2400 rounds. When I spoke to the customer service people, they recommended a servicing and said you are supposed to send it in about every 3,000 rounds to replace certain parts, sorry I don’t remember which ones. Mine went back to fix a nagging FTEject when it got hot. They finally fixed it with their newly designed extractor, which required an entirely new slide. I basically got a new pistol back. Since it was there I just had them service it. It has been great since I got it back.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Since I purchased the Sig, I bought somewhere between 3 and 5 k of 9mm and shot at least two thirds of it through the P365.

One corner of the old extractor was a little bent. Small handguns put more stress on parts, especially springs and extractors. Maybe the extractor didn't last as long as it should have but I did run that pistol hard to see what would happen. I'm very satisfied with its performance. The reality is, if you're going to shoot a firearm a lot, you've got to keep spares on hand. My experience is, at the minimum, a P365 shooter should have a spare extractor kit and a recoil spring.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Does the G43 suffer these kinds of repairs at similar round counts?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Does the G43 suffer these kinds of repairs at similar round counts?
    Not mine. It just shoots better.

Re the 365; I have one of the later production units and I've had no problems so far. 1200 rounds. I'd have more on it but I've been to busy lately. I honestly think they're both great pistols. Although I like the trigger on the 365 better, I shoot the 43 better. Go figure.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I currently have a P365 that has a May 19 date code and I dont have issues however I'm going back to a G43 because for whatever reason I just shoot that gun better.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdknox View Post
    I currently have a P365 that has a May 19 date code and I dont have issues however I'm going back to a G43 because for whatever reason I just shoot that gun better.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Not to sidetrack, but what is the generally accepted month/year for all of the upgrades? I got a 2/19 365 from my dealer not realizing it wasn't more recent.

Feedback Score
    Sundance,

I believe it is August/September 2019. I recently purchased a second P365, it was a late Oct. build. So far no problems.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I recently purchased a P365XL and finally got the chance to shoot it. Nothing structured. I had 200 rounds and just wanted to have some fun. I love this little gun. At 7 and 10 yards I was able to keep everything in the X and 10 ring on a B8 target. POI is just a bit right though. One thing I did find out is that you can't adjust the rear sight you have to move the front sight. After 50 rds I shot steel from there on out. It was a mix of round gongs and silhouettes from 7 yards out to 25 yards. I had no malf's of any kind while shooting. Even though it was only 200 rounds I'm encouraged so far. Recoil wasn't any more or less than my G19. I also have a G43 and I shoot the P365XL better. The G43 is snappier as far as recoil is concerned and the grip is shorter although with the +1 extender I have on my G43 mags the overall height is taller than the P365XL but with 5 less rounds. The P365XL magazines are a bear to load the last round or two. I definitely like the P365XL trigger more than the G43. To me they are night and day. Overall impressions, I'm glad I purchased this gun and it's going to take on the role of my main EDC gun especially with summer coming on and I'll be wearing shorts and T-Shirts more often.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I seem to have the opposite experience as some others; I am not a Glock fanboy, but swear by my 43. I have shot the 365, it seemed decent but not interesting enough for me to change everything out. Although I don't have large hands, I do prefer a compact or duty size gun in most cases. However, I do shoot the 43 pretty lights out. FWIW, my G43 in kydex is more or less perfectly sized for the place I stash it, so even something smaller, or more capacity/same size, is not likely to tempt me off my system as I have it configured currently.

I see the argument for 60% more bullets in the same size, but more is not necessarily better for me. YMMV.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910