Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: To those if you who’ve shot a P365 and G43...

Feedback Score
    Way better factory sights on the P365. It felt more naturally comfortable to my hands. I can get a full grip on the P365 with the factory pinky extension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    have owned both. sold the g43 because the sig 365 met all my needs for pocket carry. p365 was smaller, held more rounds, and had much better sights, with zero malfunctions.
    Last edited by reliable; 01-17-20 at 14:39. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    I owned a 43 and it was a good pistol. About the time I was wanting to add night sights the P365 came out. A few months back I had the opportunity to rent a P365 and fire it side by side with my 43. My accuracy with the P365 rental gun that had purportedly fired ~10,000 rounds was much better. The oddest thing was that the perceptibly smaller P365 seemed to have a softer recoil impulse, and that, along with the smooth faced trigger, made the P365 more enjoyable to shoot. I ended up selling my 43 and buying a P365. The swap will end up costing me a little bit more than upgrading the sights on the 43. I am in the process of getting enough rounds through the P365 to have it be my primary carry gun. Down the road I may get a P365 XL frame to convert the P365 to a “Commander Style” P365 (modularity is nice). Sig could sell this version as the P365X to compete directly with the 43X. They could also assemble it with the slick slide stop and disassembly lever of the P365 SAS, and call it the P365XS. This could eliminate the tendency to inadvertently press the slide release while gripping the small pistol, thereby preventing slide lock and getting a click instead of a bang.
    I like the P365 and hope that my copy has the same longevity and accuracy as the rental I shot.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I shot a rental P365, and I shot it very well. 10 rounds in a 2” circle at 7 yards. I couldn’t *not* miss. It was actually uncanny.

Still, the pistol points differently than I am used to and the trigger is different. I’m also a Glock fanboy.

I will wait. But I was very impressed at 10 rounds in such a small package.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I dont know if a timer is a part of your pistol evaluation but that's where small grip side effects show. Not in an untimed accuracy exercises.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I dont know if a timer is a part of your pistol evaluation but that's where small grip side effects show. Not in an untimed accuracy exercises.
    A small grip that’s in my pocket is surprisingly quicker to shoot with than a larger grip that’s at home in the safe because I chose not to carry it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I am not comparing the 365 to a Desert Eagle but to other guns mentioned in this thread.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I am not comparing the 365 to a Desert Eagle but to other guns mentioned in this thread.
    I cannot fit a 43X in my pocket, so it is irrelevant whether or not it shoots faster because it would stay home. Same for any of the other guns mentioned in this thread.

In fact, I can barely fit a 43 in my pocket with a pinky extension on the magazine. The same is true for the P365. I don't dress around the gun; I find a gun that suits my lifestyle.

All else being equal, I shoot the P365 and 43 about equal accuracy wise untimed. I did not bring a shot timer with me to the range to use their demo gun with. Maybe I will die because my splits are slower with the 43. Maybe I won't die because my splits were slower with the P365 and I chose to stick with the 43. Who knows?
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 01-19-20 at 08:18.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I shot a 43 and a 365 and 365xl along side each other. Before doing so I was planning on buying a 365. I actually shot the Glock better with less effort. Money saved I guess.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    As a fellow Glock fanboy, I loved the P365 and hate the G43. It is a better firearm in every conceivable way.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast