Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: All purpose tactical shotgun, pump vs semi?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Yup, I have a 1934 Belgian Browning Auto-5. The walnut is very nice. I got it at a garage sale for $200.

Let the hating commence.
    Oh, yeah.

When I retired we had two or three pristine model 11 riot guns just sitting in the vault. Bought them years ago from another agency, never much shot them. Boy I wish I could somehow get one of them.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    There's the Savage 720 humpback also.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    E6C5F456-53A2-4B25-9F57-15F611CB4A1D.jpg
    Kazing!
    Got to love this speed feed thing.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I just went to Mossberg and will never look back to Remington. **** them.

I also don’t wish I bought an M4. This is a toy and I love pumping hard to get that shot off. An M4 would be too practical.

With the red dot I can hit a 4” circle using Winchester 1oz slugs at 50y consistently. It’s just so much fun and I can’t wait to blast a doe with it next year.

The worst part about owning a pump shotgun is listening to all the boomers at the range say “JUST GOTTA RACK THAT ACTION. EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT THAT SOUND IS AND WILL RUN AWAY!”

Idiots. Then because I am abrasive and a dick I have to point out that giving away one’s position is tactically unsound without knowing how many of them there are. Plus the slow rate of fire coupled with overpenetration issues. I’d never grab this if I needed to defend myself with a gun. What a foolish choice. Stupid boomers.

Haha, that's almost as bad as Joe Biden saying "Just go out on the balcony and take that double barreled shotgun and fir two blasts in the air."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Unfortunately it is an express, which is the problem. I actually knew they had some issues before I bought it, but I thought that surely they were overblown because there’s no way someone could take a shotgun that had been a solid performer for decades and make it shitty. Obviously I was wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I still own an express 3" luckily haven't had any problems with it. I knew they were cheap, but I didn't know they had issues. What kind of issues have you experienced with yours?
    Last edited by kirkland; 02-16-20 at 10:59.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sorry if this has been asked already, anyone have any experience with box fed magazine shotguns?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Ever run your hump back through a shotgun class? The last scattergun class I ran though one guy had a Rem 11 and ended borrowing an 870 from the instructor after it was obvious reloading was an issue. It would dump fine but recharge mighty slow and could not keep up with the pumps.
    Not yet. It's on the agenda in things to do though.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I cannot tell from the pic, is that a Browning or a Remington?

Nice shotgun.
    Browning. Belgian, circa 1955-56. It was in very sad shape cosmetically hanging on a pawnshop wall. Forearm was split in half almost all the way down it's length and they said it was duck taped together when it came in so I didn't have any qualms about cutting on it. I replaced every spring in it, gave it a good cleaning and lube. She runs like a raped ape.

Quote Originally Posted by P210 View Post
    E6C5F456-53A2-4B25-9F57-15F611CB4A1D.jpg
    Kazing!
    Got to love this speed feed thing.
    The speed feed is freakin awesome when you are dry and you load two or quad load! The mag cuttoff can come in handy too!
    Last edited by shadowrider; 02-16-20 at 11:32.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

All purpose tactical shotgun, pump vs semi?

Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    I still own an express 3" luckily haven't had any problems with it. I knew they were cheap, but I didn't know they had issues. What kind of issues have you experienced with yours?
    Action seizing up after firing is the biggest problem, to the point that I’ve had to mortar it like an AR because of how locked up it was. I’ve had it “fixed” by two local gunsmith shops. I’m trying to get rid of it now. The 590A1 I’ve replaced it with has been great so far, and I just installed all of the Magpul stuff plus an orange mag tube spring follower and enhanced safety. First 3 gun match around here is at the beginning of March, so I’m excited to see how much better it is. Even the controls on the Remington suck. I don’t know why anyone would pick R if they were starting from scratch at this point.

Last edited by Wake27; 02-16-20 at 11:57.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Fun stuff, to share, thank you. My"go to" shotguns are my model 11, Remingtons, anything suspect inside has been replaced, and a tube extension applied. My real go to shot guns are Ithica featherweights. When the m4 scare happened, I'd seen that coming. So I'd stockpiled many M4s.

When the scare hit. I flipped and started purchasing older very clean shotguns, CHEAP. My first Sheriffs Office, MODOC County SO, in NE California, issued us model 11's back in 85 ish, and full auto mini 14s!. I learned to love that shotgun. They upgraded, then retired the SG's entirely. A local gun shop in Alturas, purchased the model 11's from the SO, and I picked up four at 125.00 for 2, and 100.00 for the other two. I added the extensions. Went thru each replacing anything suspect, these shotguns are like new inside. They do kick like a mule, I love it.

The Shot gun I,reall have grown to respect is the Ithaca Featherweights. These are the Famed SG's SEALS carried in the RugSat Dist Vietnam. Bomb proof. I've added DuckBills to two, left the others at 18/20. When I find these in older gun stores out in the woods I snap em up. I also hunt Goose, Duck, and Pheasant, with a Ithaca, long barreled unit. Own several.

870, model 10's, super 90, 590, 500, a-5, several,side by sides, for bird hunting. I honestly can't tell you what's in the back of the closet, except for those mentioned. Most of these were purchased for under 200.00, old but literally very few rounds cycled through them.

I'm into vintage stuff, Guns,motocross racing motorcycles, Rat Rods, and Vintage high end stereo gear. O yea, bamboo fly rods. Own a shot ton of everything on the vintage list. It's addiction.

DW

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Action seizing up after firing is the biggest problem, to the point that I’ve had to mortar it like an AR because of how locked up it was. I’ve had it “fixed” by two local gunsmith shops. I’m trying to get rid of it now. The 590A1 I’ve replaced it with has been great so far, and I just installed all of the Magpul stuff plus an orange mag tube spring follower and enhanced safety. First 3 gun match around here is at the beginning of March, so I’m excited to see how much better it is. Even the controls on the Remington suck. I don’t know why anyone would pick R if they were starting from scratch at this point.

Can I ask approximately what year you purchased yours? Mine was from the early 2000's haven't had a single issue with birdshot, buckshot or slugs in both 2 3/4 or 3". I think Remington quality has gone way downhill and wouldn't purchase one now, but I guess there were better years.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast