Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: All purpose tactical shotgun, pump vs semi?

Feedback Score
    Lightweight, fast, reliable with any ammo, short, easy to clean, and all are take down models.

Yup, double-barreled are the shotguns I've enjoyed the most.

Not good for modern-gun gaming of course but for HD a double shotgun and a handgun for backup would solve 99% of HD lethal force needs. Fire the one or two and if no more immediate threat, reload. If there is still a problem drop it and draw the pistol.

But If were to buy a new semi today I'd get the Beretta 1301 I believe it's called. Only handled one.

I tried and tried with pumps but they require much more effort and practice and will still have / cause issues occasionally all with heavier recoil than a semi. It reminds me of spending lots of time on revolver reloading practice. At some point you realize you're rowing upstream when you could just put the sail up.

I reccomend a double or a semi.
    Last edited by Ron3; 04-17-20 at 12:40.

Feedback Score
    Oh, I love a nice double. Problem is, a quality one that one can afford. Sure there are some in the $500. range, but reports are very uncertain, some good, many bad. A good double is upward of $2,500 nowadays, either a Beretta or an old Parker, for example. I kick myself for selling an old Parker Trojan 20ga. It was like a stick, perfect hunter. Wouldn't want to be infant of a 20ga, either.
    Hurrah for The Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a single star

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by REDinFL View Post
    Oh, I love a nice double. Problem is, a quality one that one can afford...
    CZ?

https://cz-usa.com/product-category/.../side-by-side/

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112