Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: All purpose tactical shotgun, pump vs semi?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post

Again, once you get used to a semi-auto, going back to a pump feels like going back to a single-action revolver... The nonsense is all the pumping and cocking.
    Ever since I got my 1301, my 870s have been gathering dust. And my gen1 1301T will break clays just fine at the 16yd line with Walmart birdshot. I'm not much of a shooter but my record is 20/25 with it.
    http://parrotheadjeff.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Shooter-Jack-rkba.gif

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Perhaps my range situation is a little different than yours. Except for matches I generally don't practice/shoot with anyone. I'm lucky in that if I'm on a firing line and someone shows up, I simply pack up and go to another location. Not hard given our layout:

Attachment 60414
    Unfortunately I’ve been going to the Fudd range almost exclusively for 6 months.

There are 73 shooting stations and the other day it was completely empty. Then some boomer showed up and set his target up right next to me and started asking questions about silencers and shit. I actually got it on video - an entire range completely empty of life except for this jackass with his compression socks and wide brim hat. Right. Next. To. Me.

****ing boomers man. Why would you DELIBERATELY want to shoot right next to someone?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Bird hunting. Clays.
    I wait until they hit the ground.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Why would you DELIBERATELY want to shoot right next to someone?
    That is what the M38 Mosin is in the trunk for. Seriously. Fixes the problem every time.

We had some idiots on the member only range handling firearms while people were downrange. It was a father, wife, and adult daughter. "Oh we are just cleaning them". Took care of it politely and quick, without verbally being a dickhead. But that part was coming soon.

Next hot range I had my son start shooting the Mosin. He ****ing loves that gun, shoots it kneeling, standing, prone - loves the recoil and with irons and that shitty Russian gravel filled trigger hits steel all the time at 100 and occasionally 200 when he gets lucky.

So I gave him two 20 round paper pouches of 1974 Russian silver tips and said "have fun".

They didn't last through the first 20 rounds - packed up and left.

If they are dedicated, I get it out and shoot 1 round every 1-3 minutes, randomly. Throw in a laugh or two now and again. They always leave.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 01-17-20 at 16:35.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Unfortunately I’ve been going to the Fudd range almost exclusively for 6 months.

There are 73 shooting stations and the other day it was completely empty. Then some boomer showed up and set his target up right next to me and started asking questions about silencers and shit. I actually got it on video - an entire range completely empty of life except for this jackass with his compression socks and wide brim hat. Right. Next. To. Me.

****ing boomers man. Why would you DELIBERATELY want to shoot right next to someone?
    I don't know, that generally isn't my practice. I can think of several reasons he might want to shoot next to you:

Maybe because you exude an approachable vibe? (Remember Boomers are old, his vision could be failing along with other senses)

Maybe because by your kit he realized that you were a GWOT veteran and he wanted to know what it was like to have everyone 'supporting the troops' instead of spitting on them at the airport like when he came home from VN.

Maybe because he thought you looked like you knew what you were doing and he was curious about suppressors and thought that like most people you'd be willing to share your knowledge if approached courteously?

Maybe because inherently, man is a social animal.

Maybe because as a Boomer he not only wanted to be blamed for ruining your life, but also your range trip?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    590A1 shot great - should be the number one look for a pump.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I don't know, that generally isn't my practice. I can think of several reasons he might want to shoot next to you:

Maybe because you exude an approachable vibe? (Remember Boomers are old, his vision could be failing along with other senses)

Maybe because by your kit he realized that you were a GWOT veteran and he wanted to know what it was like to have everyone 'supporting the troops' instead of spitting on them at the airport like when he came home from VN.

Maybe because he thought you looked like you knew what you were doing and he was curious about suppressors and thought that like most people you'd be willing to share your knowledge if approached courteously?

Maybe because inherently, man is a social animal.

Maybe because as a Boomer he not only wanted to be blamed for ruining your life, but also your range trip?
    Nicely done

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I owned a Benelli M4 for about 8 years. It was a very expensive toy. Heavy, reliable, built like a damn tank, fed most everything (occasionally had issues with target loads), and looked very cool. I realized that, while shotguns have their own devastating niche, I could do far more to defend my family with an SBR than a shotgun, so I sold it
    I agree with this. I love my Benelli M4, and have no plans to sell it. However, there are many shotguns that handle far better when you actually shoot them. A 870 Police or Mossberg 590A1 are very effective and still relevant tools with the right training. I’d imagine they’ll be around with us for another 100 years much like 1911s and lever actions.

Regardless, I just bought a Vang Comp 870. I’ll post a report once I get some meaningful range time with it.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rojocorsa View Post
    Ever since I got my 1301, my 870s have been gathering dust.
    Same here, I'm not getting rid of my 870, but I'd grab my 1301 over it, no contest.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 01-20-20 at 01:37.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Anybody know if 1301's are drop safe?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast