Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: All purpose tactical shotgun, pump vs semi?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    Can I ask approximately what year you purchased yours? Mine was from the early 2000's haven't had a single issue with birdshot, buckshot or slugs in both 2 3/4 or 3". I think Remington quality has gone way downhill and wouldn't purchase one now, but I guess there were better years.
    After 2010, freedom group purchased Remington in 2007.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wake, is Freedom group, a good thing, or a bad thing. How did the purchase impact Remington

DW

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Williams View Post
    Wake, is Freedom group, a good thing, or a bad thing. How did the purchase impact Remington

DW
    Bad thing - from what’s been widely reported online, they’ve bought several brands and made obvious cuts to their costs (QA/QC) to try and increase their profit margin. People say the 870Ps are still good but I don’t know why you’d even gamble, much less buy from a company like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    AGREED

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHandsome View Post
    No, I’m more of a buy once cry once kind of guy. Only I seem to be crying a lot these days.
    Benellie M4, next question.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Picked up a Stoger semiauto, M3K, M3000. Set up for three gun, dude needed money got it cheap. Got all the aftermarket extensions and plugs, big knobs and levers.

Don't know much about Stoger, other then what I've read. Which says it's a decent SG. But NOT a great SG.

Also retrieved my Mossberg 930 the " BlackWater" version last week. Has a pistol,grip on the stock, I'm finding this difficult to access the mossberg saftey up on top, without sliding my hand physically off the trigger housing, for access. An un natural move in my humble opinion.

DW

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwack View Post
    No question. Simplicity = pump
    That's like saying that a single-action revolver is simpler than a double-action revolver.

I guess that's true in terms of the mechanism, but what could be simpler than "bang-bang-bang"? (That's simpler than "bang-pump-bang-pump.")

Picked up a Stoger semiauto, M3K, M3000. Set up for three gun, dude needed money got it cheap. Got all the aftermarket extensions and plugs, big knobs and levers.

Don't know much about Stoger, other then what I've read. Which says it's a decent SG. But NOT a great SG.
    There's a huge thread over on Brian Enos' forum about these.

My 2¢: Buying somebody's competition gun is like buying somebody's race car... It's nice to have all the goodies, but you've got to assume that it's been run hard.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Also retrieved my Mossberg 930 the " BlackWater" version last week. Has a pistol,grip on the stock, I'm finding this difficult to access the mossberg saftey up on top, without sliding my hand physically off the trigger housing, for access. An un natural move in my humble opinion.

DW
    Yes, the Mossbergs and tactical stocks are kind of non-tactical.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Bimmer, good point. What would you call a high round count for any gamer shotgun?. Have zero problems replacing what needs replaced. Honestly looking at this unit, inside and out, I see very little wear. I have not measured anything. But parts are not a problem.

For what I paid, I have a lot of wiggle room on part replacement costs.

DW

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yea the stock sucks. I've got a friend looking into that " right" stock, straight stock to put back on this unit. I really like the SG, just not the stock.

DW

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast