Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: SF Warcomp Closed Tine characteristics?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mid-West, USA
    Posts
    1,876
    Feedback Score
    37 (100%)

    SF Warcomp Closed Tine characteristics?

    I have a 16" 5.56 rifle with the open tine Warcomp. It keeps the rifle fairly flat without acting or sounding like a brake.

    Has anyone tried the closed tine Warcomp? What were your impressions, especially if you've owned both? Does it have the impulse that pushes the muzzle down aka negative muzzle rise?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    63
    Feedback Score
    0
    I've only used the closed tine warcomp on my KAC sr15 mod1 and hated it. I felt like it was throwing my muzzle around after each shot. Switched to the Precision Armament AFAB which was much better at keeping everything flat shooting. The SR15 went in for some warranty work shortly after and I've just stuck with the KAC 3 prong since then.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mid-West, USA
    Posts
    1,876
    Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus562 View Post
    I've only used the closed tine warcomp on my KAC sr15 mod1 and hated it. I felt like it was throwing my muzzle around after each shot. Switched to the Precision Armament AFAB which was much better at keeping everything flat shooting. The SR15 went in for some warranty work shortly after and I've just stuck with the KAC 3 prong since then.
    Interesting. I grabbed the CT version today when I, like a loser, put the 3 prong version in my cart to grab after work. When I got home, PA only had CT versions left...

    Did it feel like it was overwhelming an already properly gassed system?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    63
    Feedback Score
    0
    It has vents at the top and not as many on the sides like the open tine has which is what I'm guessing contributed to it feeling like it was throwing it around. I've never shot the open tine before, but I'm guessing it is better at stabilizing with the extra vent holes.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mid-West, USA
    Posts
    1,876
    Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus562 View Post
    It has vents at the top and not as many on the sides like the open tine has which is what I'm guessing contributed to it feeling like it was throwing it around. I've never shot the open tine before, but I'm guessing it is better at stabilizing with the extra vent holes.
    Certainly could be. I timed my open tine Warcomp neutrally.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    6,772
    Feedback Score
    83 (100%)
    I only have maybe 30 rounds through the open tine variant so can't comment much there. I've had two different CTs though, and both gave me a very weird recoil impulse. I was not a fan and would not own another.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,268
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Hmm, I wonder how the CT works on full auto? But good info to know I had no idea it had these issues.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 01-14-20 at 09:44.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

    "He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mid-West, USA
    Posts
    1,876
    Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    This makes me want to put a bunch of trash parts together into a new upper and use it as a mule for muzzle devices, etc. I think I will...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,924
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Never knew of these differences, very interesting thread for me.

    All my warcomps are closed tine because I'm mostly in dense woods and underbrush and the prongs grab stuff. I might pick up an open tine warcomp just to compare.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mid-West, USA
    Posts
    1,876
    Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Never knew of these differences, very interesting thread for me.

    All my warcomps are closed tine because I'm mostly in dense woods and underbrush and the prongs grab stuff. I might pick up an open tine warcomp just to compare.
    What do you find the recoil impulse like? What other muzzle devices do you have experience with, and which ones were comparable?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •