Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 5 inch Initial impressiom

Feedback Score

M&P 2.0 5 inch Initial impressiom

tte.jpgthumbnailiyuyt.jpg

Picked up this pistol and wanted to give a quick impression. I have been shooting the 5 inch pro model for the last few years plus on several more M&Ps so I have a decent amount of experience with them. My pro has been used in two gun matches and local IDPA matches it is stock except 10-8 fiber optic sights but after shooting the 2.0 today that is going to change. On to the 2.0 I put 150 rounds of 115 grain ball and another 30 or so of hollo point defensive ammo down range, the gun ran without a hiccup. The grip texture is way better than the 1.0 the gun feels glued to your hand no having to adjust your grip. With the metal insert in the frame the gun is stiffer and I did feel a slight difference but some of that could be attributed to the better grip. Not saying it was any better than the 1.0 but it did have a different feel. Trigger seems decent even better than my pro which has 12000 or so rounds through it. But the big thing was accuracy the gun just shoots, at 15 yards it just made 1 ragged whole and was able to get a fist size 5 round group at 25 yards something I could never so with the 1.0. The standard sights are okay but the will be switched out for 10-8 sights I prefer a .110 fiber optic front. But the gun is defiantly more accurate than the 1.0. This one also has the safety but the frame plugs are on their way. I will give a more in-depth review once I get to the 1000 round mark plus detail any modifications. As for the 1.0 it is getting Apex barrel and trigger plus some stippling to the grip I am going to try and do a before and after accuracy review on the 1.0 when I get a chance. If by some chance anyone is interested ,

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A lot of folks complain about the slide catch changes S&W made to prevent the slide from auto-forwarding upon mag insertion. Here is a thread on this forum which discusses the issue:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...agement-Easier

I ran about 4,000 rounds through mine before I switched to a Glock 19X - I actually liked the 2.0 quite a bit, but I shoot GSSF so it made sense to switch.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    I do miss the auto-forwarding a little. Saying that my 1.0 wouldn’t do it on occasion (mainly when I wanted it to lol) I think there’s a fix for it but I have been just dropping the slide for so long I don’t think about it. The 2.0 slide release is a little stiff but was loosening up by the end of the session

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpb1776 View Post
    I do miss the auto-forwarding a little. Saying that my 1.0 wouldn’t do it on occasion (mainly when I wanted it to lol) I think there’s a fix for it but I have been just dropping the slide for so long I don’t think about it. The 2.0 slide release is a little stiff but was loosening up by the end of the session

It loosens up at around 800-1k rounds quite nicely.

I've never been an auto-forwarding guy though. I don't want to rely on something like that.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I believe this is a great value in the handgun market. It's available new for $419.

Feedback Score
    I agree with RKB ^^

Out of the box and a few warm up mags later to check function and POI, I was able to shoot a 94 on a b8 (defoor hat qual) with it, something that I can rarely do so early with a new handgun. Makes me feel like I've been sleeping on m&ps for 10 years and could've saved myself a whole bunch of money trying to find that perfect fit as ambi controls are hard to accomplish from a manufacturing perspective. I did have to remove the detent and spring so I could actuate the slide release from the right side, after a few thousand rounds I'll re-install and see if it's broken in a bit more.

As of now, the only way to make this gun better in my opinion is to replace the front sight out of the box with a fiber optic and offer it in black, can't stand FDE.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    I've never been an auto-forwarding guy though. I don't want to rely on something like that.
    Yeah, it's kind of funny watching newer shooters when their pistol doesn't auto-forward like they're used to - we used the phrase 'looked like he was beating demons out of his pistol' because they invariable hit the magazine floorplate a couple times.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Yeah, it's kind of funny watching newer shooters when their pistol doesn't auto-forward like they're used to - we used the phrase 'looked like he was beating demons out of his pistol' because they invariable hit the magazine floorplate a couple times.
    That’s funny

Feedback Score
    Don’t know why they won’t make the 5” in black.

Anyway, I’m a huge M&P fan but hated the “auto forward”. It was a design flaw that was corrected. Always wondered if the slide went forward with a round or before the mag was fully seated. I used to shoot a lot of IDPA and always was concerned ..... and that was just a game....
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    Don’t know why they won’t make the 5” in black.

Anyway, I’m a huge M&P fan but hated the “auto forward”. It was a design flaw that was corrected. Always wondered if the slide went forward with a round or before the mag was fully seated. I used to shoot a lot of IDPA and always was concerned ..... and that was just a game....
    They make 5" black model. Check part# 11820.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast