Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: M&P 2.0 5 inch Initial impressiom

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    How does S&W CORE slides compare to glocks MOS? I read optics on the MOS need to be tightened every so often..
    Errmm, I think most people who have the MOS issues either have one of two things:

A) They didn't torque to spec OR they didn't use any loctite

B) Their factory MOS plate is slightly bent some how.

I think it was sendef on instagram he said the plates that came with the 2.0 CORE was kind of crappy because it protruded off the slide on both sides.

Feedback Score
    There was a reply here earlier about the Fueld By Ed Brown series for M&Ps but no longer here, but after taking a closer look at the upgrades they're offering, specifically the machined locking block that's custom mated to your slide, I'm intrigued. While M&Ps/Glocks/Sig 320 series are in no way shape or form match grade guns, that concept that EB's playing with is absolutely fascinating. I wonder what kind of performance you'd get with the addition of a match barrel & locking block from them...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RMike89 View Post
    There was a reply here earlier about the Fueld By Ed Brown series for M&Ps but no longer here, but after taking a closer look at the upgrades they're offering, specifically the machined locking block that's custom mated to your slide, I'm intrigued. While M&Ps/Glocks/Sig 320 series are in no way shape or form match grade guns, that concept that EB's playing with is absolutely fascinating. I wonder what kind of performance you'd get with the addition of a match barrel & locking block from them...
    Those Fueled by Ed Brown look pretty sweet, but not sure I am ready to drop $1900 on one..

Feedback Score
    Agreed, polymer guns aren't meant to be expensive, but workhorses that are reliable all the time. But getting an oversized locking block and then smithing it down to fit your slide would be a worthy project...

Feedback Score
    I checked out those Ed Brown models. There sweet. But if u was going that route I think I would do the Wilson Combat EDC L model. I played with one at a dealer and had to put it down before it left with me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Dude ya'lls gunshops are nicer than mine if they have a masterpiece like that in stock. I wasn't aware that they made a 5" version of their edc 9 but now that I am I'll go ahead and add it to the list of unattainables, too many hobbies right now to drop $3k on a carry gun.

Smith on an M&P for the time being, I shall.

I just noticed too that you're in GA as well, just curious, what gunshop are you seeing pieces like that in? Only high end gun shop near the city is Chuck's and I felt like I needed white gloves just walking through the front door with the amount of history they have in their presentation.
    Last edited by RMike89; 01-29-20 at 20:04.

Feedback Score

M&P 2.0 5 inch Initial impressiom

Martins Coins and firearms in Alpharetta is a stocking Nighthawk and Wilson combat dealer, also AR bunker in Newnan stocks high end 1911’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dpb1776; 01-30-20 at 08:53.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123