Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 5 inch Initial impressiom

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    You're right that part #11820 is a black 5". However, it's the Performance Center Pro Series. I'm surprised S&W hasn't made the standard M2.0 in black 5".

Feedback Score
    As am I.

I looked at the pro series when getting into M&Ps and the only discernible difference I could tell were the sights...that's not worth the extra 25% especially when there are less expensive and ultimately better options out there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RMike89 View Post
    As am I.

I looked at the pro series when getting into M&Ps and the only discernible difference I could tell were the sights...that's not worth the extra 25% especially when there are less expensive and ultimately better options out there.

I bought the pro after having a couple full sizes. I carried a full size 1911 for years so always like the 5 inch guns. M&P was my first introduction to polymer pistols. I’m going to do a before and after review on my pro after I change out the barrel and trigger plus texture the grip. The accuracy shortcomings and current grip texture became glaringly obvious after comparing to the new one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I cut my teeth with 1911s from the moment I could legally purchase my first pistol 10 years ago so I know exactly where you're coming from and have no issue concealing a 5" pistol (6'4" over here).

I do wanna point out that the other polymer handguns that I've owned, one of the biggest issue that I've had are the grips. Even gen 4 & 5 glocks with their updated RTF, I always felt that my hands were slipping. The way the 2.0 grips are configured where its similar to 80 grit sandpaper, have not had that feeling once since converting.

What route are you going down in regards to the barrel and trigger, Apex?

Feedback Score
    Agree fully on grip texture, I’m wondering how much that effects accuracy o long strings of fire because the constant need to shift grip. I will be adding an apex semi fit barrel and aluminum trigger and apex internals. I will be documenting before and after so maybe that will give someone something to go on. Didn’t really notice the 1.0 accuracy issue till lately. It’s not horrible but since I have been working hard on my handgun skills lately it’s became noticeable, especially compared to the 2.0

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dpb1776 View Post
    Agree fully on grip texture, I’m wondering how much that effects accuracy o long strings of fire because the constant need to shift grip. I will be adding an apex semi fit barrel and aluminum trigger and apex internals. I will be documenting before and after so maybe that will give someone something to go on. Didn’t really notice the 1.0 accuracy issue till lately. It’s not horrible but since I have been working hard on my handgun skills lately it’s became noticeable, especially compared to the 2.0

Curious to hear your thoughts on the Apex kit. I love it but have found that 'flatty chart' with pull weights to be pretty far off. The "duty" springs in mine, advertised at 5.5#, resulted in a 4.4-4.9# pull.

Feedback Score
    Going to try and get that done the end of Feb then i will try and post and give my impression for all it's worth lol. Really looking forward to seeing before and after then comparing to the new model

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    How does S&W CORE slides compare to glocks MOS? I read optics on the MOS need to be tightened every so often..
    "Guns attract retards like moths to a porch light."-markm

Feedback Score
    I have never used one before. I want to try pistol optics but I’m afraid I’ll like them . Plus in the middle of upgrading rifle optics my bank account can only take so much abuse

Feedback Score
    Haha I'm in the exact same boat...I figured once my eyesight gets to a certain point I'll convert over, but until then I'll be an irons purist. It took me way too many rounds to get to the point I'm at now to throw a wrench into the equation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast