2 9.52%
  • Direct Thread

1 4.76%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Adapter System for 1.375-24 Suppressors

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Favorite Adapter System for 1.375-24 Suppressors

What is your favorite option for mounting suppressors with 1.374-24 (Omega / Bravo) bases and WHY?

Dead Air KeyMo 4.5oz (est)

Griffin Plan A 2.22oz

Q Plan B 1.92oz

YHM Phantom QD 2.78oz

SoCo ASR 3oz (est)

YHM DT 1/2-28 1.72oz

Rex Silentium DT 1.36/1.44oz

Hansohn Bros TI DT 5/8-24 1.35oz
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have the KeyMo adapter on my Omega and Chimera. I wanted a simple, solid, QD mounting system (not direct thread to avoid backing off). I read a tons of reviews, watched YouTube videos and came to my conclusion that KeyMo is a solid system.

I have not shot ‘groups’ yet to see what the shift if, but I have been very please thus far. Easy on, easy off.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I recently picked up a Griffin Plan-A.

Only because I already have Griffin stuff, but they do offer very short and light mounts.

I think the Griffin Plan A may be the shortest and lightest except for direct thread.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    IMHO, direct taper mounts are hard to beat.
    Last edited by Biggy; 01-19-20 at 00:52.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've been running Keymo on the SiCo Saker since they came out and it's bombproof. It's arguably the heaviest out of all of them, and adds more length than other options, but having tried ASR, Trifecta (absolute garbage, shame on you Silencerco), and direct thread on the Saker the Keymo is by far the most secure and stupid proof. With that said I'm thinking a Vox K or Rex Silentium MG-X is due to replace the Saker, both of which accept the Keymo adapter.

On top of all that FCD's 6315 keymount flash hider is top notch and future builds will be getting the same treatment.

ETA: Also, I've never had an issue with removing the suppressor from the keymount (Dead Air or FCD) after long strings of fire and allowing them to cool together. The same cannot be said of the ASR and Trifecta, of which there were multiple instances of the suppressor getting stuck from GSR lock.
    Last edited by Leonidas24; 01-14-20 at 17:14.
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Favorite Adapter System for 1.375-24 Suppressors

This thread is relevant to my interests. Since a KAC QDC or Surefire modular mount adapter does not exist (however the training cans [not warden which is trash] could be made to work I think) my research tells me the following:

For direct thread the Rex Silentium mounts look the best honestly. Heat treated and are the most affordable.

As for QD DA Keymo seems to reign supreme, only knock is the length it adds imo.

Placeholder

Last edited by jpmuscle; 01-14-20 at 18:40.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Yes, the KeyMo did add length compared to the ASR...but to me that was acceptable for the ease of use and function.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    This thread is relevant to my interests. Since a KAC QDC or Surefire modular mount adapter does not exist (however the training cans [not warden which is trash] could be made to work I think) my research tells me the following:

For direct thread the Rex Silentium mounts look the best honestly. Heat treated and are the most affordable.

As for QD DA Keymo seems to reign supreme, only knock is the length it adds imo.

Placeholder

ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    With the Key-mo, is any POI shift repeatable when the suppressor is remounted?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've got three Sakers. I've used the SiCo trifecta, ASR, and 51T versions of their mounts. Oddly out of those, 51T was most to my liking (I've got AAC 51T cans also, so why not?). Trifecta had locking issues even after modest number of rounds, and the ASR just wasn't very strong (didn't take much to turn it off even when "locked"). I have a Specwar 556 and the ASR mount seems better/stronger on that can than the Saker.

Then I jumped to Keymo. All three Sakers wear Keymo now. They perform excellently but I'm having a hard time coming to terms with the added length, especially on the Saker K (w/Keymo it's the size of an M4-2000!). So I've just ordered the Q plan B to bring down the length. We'll see how it works. If it works well, I'll likely change out the two 556 Sakers to Plan B, but will likely leave the 762 Keymo.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post

Placeholder

What don't you like about the Warden?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast