2 9.52%
  • Direct Thread

1 4.76%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Adapter System for 1.375-24 Suppressors

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    All of my research says that’s debatable. Plus after seeing the threads in TOS where griffin staff come in and shit all over everyone leaves are really sour taste in my mouth. Never mind the design rip offs of KAC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed. Griffin copies so many other manufacturers’ designs. And shills in threads where competitor’s cans are being discussed, often trash talking the other manufacturers. It’s absurd. I would never buy anything from Griffin.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Agreed. Griffin copies so many other manufacturers’ designs. And shills in threads where competitor’s cans are being discussed, often trash talking the other manufacturers. It’s absurd. I would never buy anything from Griffin.
    Not to mention threatening people with lawsuits if you mention them copying others in jokes.

Behavior like that turns me off from companies.

Feedback Score
    Funny how people here like to dog pile onto Griffin when Q copies other companies stuff to a far more significant degree than Griffin allegedly does, and yet people are always silent about that.

The big one that people like to complain about with Griffin is the gate latch mount on their rifle sileners, but KAC themselves copied that from a 1972 Colt blank firing adapter patent so it was never KAC's design to begin with. See here: https://patentimages.storage.googlea.../US3766822.pdf

The muzzle device similarities are largely generic and they were even one of the first two companies to do silencers with tubeless construction in the US along with Troy Industries in 2010, which is something that's been done by Ase Utra since 2005. That's not to say Griffin is 100% innocent of copying others, but they do get a lot of BS from people that is undeserved.

Quote Originally Posted by matt7184 View Post
    Not to mention threatening people with lawsuits if you mention them copying others in jokes.

Behavior like that turns me off from companies.
    Well, Kevin Brittingham actually sued a random guy from TOS. Here's proof: www.silencerresearch.com/ian187.pdf

And back on main topic, the Dead Air Keymo and YHM mounts are a couple of the best available if secondary retention is designed. As for weight obviously YHM would win out there. When the Energetic Armament Centrix mount gets released it'll be pretty good.
    Last edited by paco ramirez; 02-04-20 at 14:35.
    Previously did all design work at CGS Group, 2014-2024.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by paco ramirez View Post
    Funny how people here like to dog pile onto Griffin when Q copies other companies stuff to a far more significant degree than Griffin allegedly does, and yet people are always silent about that.

The big one that people like to complain about with Griffin is the gate latch mount on their rifle sileners, but KAC themselves copied that from a 1972 Colt blank firing adapter patent so it was never KAC's design to begin with. See here: https://patentimages.storage.googlea.../US3766822.pdf

The muzzle device similarities are largely generic and they were even one of the first two companies to do silencers with tubeless construction in the US along with Troy Industries in 2010, which is something that's been done by Ase Utra since 2005. That's not to say Griffin is 100% innocent of copying others, but they do get a lot of BS from people that is undeserved.

Well, Kevin Brittingham actually sued a random guy from TOS. Here's proof: www.silencerresearch.com/ian187.pdf

And back on main topic, the Dead Air Keymo and YHM mounts are a couple of the best available if secondary retention is designed. As for weight obviously YHM would win out there. When the Energetic Armament Centrix mount gets released it'll be pretty good.
    Griffin brings it upon themselves so that’s one big difference, plus like I said earlier regarding their online representative presence. Their leadership can go sit on a spike.

Q thrives on the notion that exclusivity = superiority and the choice of gun hipsters who don’t think they’re hipsters but want to look cool on Instagram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by paco ramirez View Post

You won’t find me giving Q any love either. I do quite like your designs and we plan to order some of your stuff sometime soon.

Thank you for sharing the Colt BFA patent. I have seen photos of said BFA, but the patent drawings are a first.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 02-05-20 at 23:52.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    You won’t find me giving Q any love either. I do quite like your designs and we plan to order some of your stuff sometime soon.

Thank you for sharing the Colt BFA patent. I have seen photos of said BFA, but the patent drawings are a first.
    Thanks, glad to hear it. We're trying to expand on the civilian market more. My post was just for educational purposes.
    Previously did all design work at CGS Group, 2014-2024.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Favorite Adapter System for 1.375-24 Suppressors

Does anybody have a weight and/or length breakdown for each of the options in the poll? Basically default mount plus adapter adds X oz and & Y in to the naked can?

Would make comparing them more objective.
    Last edited by mig1nc; 02-07-20 at 08:11.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    What makes left hand threads better for this application?

Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    Yeah, I also like that it has a tapper in front of the threads.

Are the threads left hand? That would be the one thing left to make it perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Left hand would be awesome.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    What makes left hand threads better for this application?
    Right hand separated by left hand to right hand would provide peace of mind when cranking a can off that you are not loosening the muzzle device or the rear cap of a modular can. Whether or not this crosses the line between peace of mind and reality, I dunno. I use Rocksett pretty generously.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Weights added to OP and are directly measured except where noted.

These are just for the adapter.

The mount/muzzle device typically adds 2-4 oz for QD versions.

Dead Air KeyMo 4.5oz (est)

Griffin Plan A 2.22oz

SiCo ASR 3oz (est)

Q Plan B 1.92oz

YHM Phantom QD 2.78oz

YHM DT 1/2-28 1.72oz

Rex Silentium DT 1.36/1.44oz

Hansohn Bros TI DT 5/8-24 1.35oz

Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    Does anybody have a weight and/or length breakdown for each of the options in the poll? Basically default mount plus adapter adds X oz and & Y in to the naked can?

Would make comparing them more objective.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast