0 0%
  • Other

2 9.52%
  • Direct Thread

1 4.76%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Favorite Adapter System for 1.375-24 Suppressors

Feedback Score
    Would a taper mount work on a machinegun, or would you have to keep Checking it?

Im torn between Plan A and keymo for a subgun can.
    Lightweight vs unscrewable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Would a taper mount work on a machinegun, or would you have to keep Checking it?

Im torn between Plan A and keymo for a subgun can.
    Lightweight vs unscrewable.
    Depending on who makes the taper mount it can definitely work on a machine gun. We ran a 1000rd belt through ours on an M240 at constant full auto and once it cooled down it was removed by hand.
    Previously did all design work at CGS Group, 2014-2024.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    What is your favorite option for mounting suppressors with 1.374-24 (Omega / Bravo) bases and WHY?
    SNIP
    The Keymo is probably my favorite. Its very solid, and user friendly. Comes on and off easily. Downsides are weight and super long muzzle devices. The mount itself adds length, too. FCD has remedied the muzzle devices for us, though.

The YHM is also very good. Its very solid, the muzzle devices are good, and the simplicity is elegant. Comes off and on easily. Downside is added length.

For taper mounts, I like the Griffin ones. Nice and short. Better muzzle device options than Q. If I owned a Sig, or a Trash Panda, I might go the other way. But I hate brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Agreed. Griffin copies so many other manufacturers’ designs. And shills in threads where competitor’s cans are being discussed, often trash talking the other manufacturers. It’s absurd. I would never buy anything from Griffin.
    Are you talking about the NT4 and M4SDII? If so, allow me to compare/contrast, since I’m a user of both the NT4 and M4SDk. They both mount to BFA grooves, reduce the sound of gunshots as Maxim intended, and for the 30SDk and M4SDII, they are roughly the same length. They have a very slight superficial appearance similarity, but the original Griffin M4SD did not have the dimples. The Chimera also has dimples.

The locking gates are retained differently. NT4 has the rotating thingy, M4SD has a flat spring thingy. The NT4 has a notch stop overinsertion and to help with removal. The Griffin cans use a tabbed washer on the threads to stop overinsertion, and have a little more rotational play to help removal. The screws on the back of the Griffin cans that hold the spring thingy add a little length behind the mount, which may or may not prevent use on a SR15 CQB. I think the Griffin is a little easier to remove. The Griffin mounts on the II series cans allow greater flexibility in muzzle device lengths.

The exterior construction is different, with the KAC having that perforated sheet thing welded to the outside, and the Griffin has rectangular dimples machined into the outside.

The NT4 has a completely different blast baffle design. Like, not even remotely similar. Its very flat and has vent holes in it. The M4SDk has a blast baffle that ,at least to my untrained eye, looks the same as the rest of its baffles, with a clip, a rectangular port opposite the clip, and no vent holes. The blast baffles of both have more in common with Surefire, than each other.

The M4SDk has more baffles, despite being shorter. It also has a little more backpressure, but sounds better, to my ear. The NT4 is heavy, in comparison to pretty much anything 5.56. Its also more indestructible, and I’ve run one on a Mk46, hard, with no ill effects. They are made of different materials. The M4SDk has a “flash hider” front cap, for whatever that’s worth.

Looking at them this way, they have exactly as much in common as AAC or Surefire. They both have baffles in a tube, and pass a rifle bullet.

As far as trash talk and shilling go, yeah, thats a turnoff. But not a dealbreaker, in my case. Maybe I just haven’t seen anything bad enough yet.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Rex Silentium just announced their new system. Seems a little on the heavy side, but looks like an interesting system.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345