Thread: NEW AK: KR-103-Shot Show

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    Going to hope they offer a 12.x" pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This. I want a 105. I might accept a decent 102 or 104.

Quote Originally Posted by Budget View Post
    You know what I want? A GD 5.45 magazine that works that isn't $40-50. I want surplus bakelite mags in all the calibers again. Someone out there has to be able to do it.
    Yeah. Reasonably priced 74 mags would be nice. Last time I bought mags, there was a sale on “Bulgarian” 5.45 mags at like Krebs or somewhere. They looked like the right color in the photo. So I bought 12. They turned out to be all plastic, no steel. Super annoying that I need to either be an expert on commie mags, roll the dice, or spend $50 a pop.

Also, can I get some reasonably priced, non-corrosive 5.45 that isn’t downloaded and weak? Eff it; maybe I need a 102. With a proper 5.56 chamber.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Also, can I get some reasonably priced, non-corrosive 5.45 that isn’t downloaded and weak? Eff it; maybe I need a 102. With a proper 5.56 chamber.
    https://www.sgammo.com/product/red-a...45x39mm-59-gra
    This is made in the 5.45x39 factory and is $223 per case delivered if you buy two cases. It seems to be the same as Golden Tiger. I don’t think you can get better.
    Last edited by Bret; 01-25-20 at 09:04.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    https://www.sgammo.com/product/red-a...45x39mm-59-gra
    This is made in the 5.45x39 factory and is $223 per case delivered if you buy two cases. It seems to be the same as Golden Tiger. I don’t think you can get better.
    Thanks.

I very much miss the RAS 69gr. Thread drift: contrary to common internet knowledge, it was not tracer jackets. The bullets are dimensionally identical to 7n6, but with an all lead core. I still have a few mags worth in my ammo collection.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    This. I want a 105. I might accept a decent 102 or 104.

Yeah. Reasonably priced 74 mags would be nice. Last time I bought mags, there was a sale on “Bulgarian” 5.45 mags at like Krebs or somewhere. They looked like the right color in the photo. So I bought 12. They turned out to be all plastic, no steel. Super annoying that I need to either be an expert on commie mags, roll the dice, or spend $50 a pop.

Bulgarian AK-74 5.45x39 magazines are all plastic. No metal are in the original ones I own from the early 2000s. The Bulgarian AK-47 7.62x39 waffle mags are the ones with metal reinforced feed lips.

Try SGA Ammo for 5.45x39. https://www.sgammo.com/catalog/rifle...le/545x39-ammo . They have a variety in stock.

https://www.sgammo.com/product/wolf-...sive-lacquered

I think it's nice we'll get Russian spec stamped receiver rifles again, assuming they are to spec without issues. I really screwed myself not buying a Saiga many moons ago. Yet again, I do own a Romanian SAR-2 in 5.45x39 I converted to AK-74 style in 2003 (Chris Butler AK USA, when he was still around). I love the gun. Have no need for another AK-74 variant. Shoots like a laser out to 200 yards.

I am more interested in the Arsenal AK-20 concept or a Rifle Dynamics 7.62x39 variant, as I want to run that caliber suppressed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    Bulgarian AK-74 5.45x39 magazines are all plastic. No metal are in the original ones I own from the early 2000s.
    This is not correct. All of the circle 10 and circle 21 magazines have metal up top.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Bulgarian military AK-74 mags have the steel reinforced feed lips and metal locking lugs. The commercial Bulgarian mags are made by ISD, their new ones only have reinforced steel lips but the locking lugs are plastic. The mags look identical in appearance. The best way to distinguish them are, the military ones will have a factory arsenal code in a double circle ( 10, 21, 25) and the commercial ones have "Made in Bulgaria" written on them. Prices for AK-74's kits and factory rifles have drastically increased in the last year.

Kalashnikov USA has said that they will be producing a 5.45 rifle in the future as well as magazines, hopefully they build them top spec.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    In my book the magazines are going to be my issue. Hopefully with a big push now to produce AK-74' rifles the mag prices should level off some I hope. They really need too.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 11:54.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast