Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Top-secret UFO files could ‘gravely damage’ US national security, Navy says

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I don't think there's any question that there's intelligent life out there. The conditions of our creation aren't unique and I'm guessing these alien races crawled out of the same kind of primordial muck that we did. But there are just too many vast leaps of logic required to believe that they have spent any time on Earth and are secretly visiting us today, no matter how much we wish that fantasy to be true, even if they had the capability, and even if they had the inclination.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    I don't think there's any question that there's intelligent life out there. The conditions of our creation aren't unique and I'm guessing these alien races crawled out of the same kind of primordial muck that we did. But there are just too many vast leaps of logic required to believe that they have spent any time on Earth and are secretly visiting us today, no matter how much we wish that fantasy to be true, even if they had the capability, and even if they had the inclination.
    That is the consensus of the vast majority of scientists today, with far fewer believing said intelligent life actually able to visit us. People tend to fail to differentiate those two very different aspects of the topic. I'm agnostic on the issue myself, willing to accept various possibilities. What I can't accept is, the denial that something we don't have a good explanation for is in our airspace which I feel is very well supported by the evidence at this time.

Our super own advanced tech, aliens, time travelers, a higher power just messin' with us, I don't know. Hence the U in UFO remains as it should, but exist they do in my view.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 01-22-20 at 12:18.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    That is the consensus of the vast majority of scientists today, with far fewer believing said intelligent life actually able to visit us. People tend to fail to differentiate those two very different aspects of the topic. I'm agnostic on the issue myself, willing to accept various possibilities. What I can't accept is, the denial that something we don't have a good explanation for is in our airspace which I feel is very well supported by the evidence at this time.

Our super own advanced tech, aliens, time travelers, a higher power just messin' with us, I don't know. Hence the U in UFO remains as it should, but exist they do in my view.
    I don't doubt that people are seeing things in our airspace that they don't understand...or at least think they are seeing these things.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I don't doubt that people are seeing things in our airspace that they don't understand...or at least think they are seeing these things.
    When the best tech we have via the USS USS Nimitz and USS Princeton, and two fighters have radar lock while simultaneously viewed physically by the pilots doing things no craft we're aware of can perform, that's well beyond some people seeing some stuff that can't explain. The senior people on those ships were so concerned by it, they decided to send the two f18s that were out training to go check the "anomalous aerial vehicles"* and that resulted in the vids and visuals they saw that 100% corresponded with their own radar. While the interview with the pilots interesting, I found the interview with the Princeton’s senior radar operator, Kevin Day (below), even more credible in terms of something being in their airspace.

That's well beyond some people seeing stuff stuff they can't explain so they claim UFO and such. One of the better summaries of that event:

https://www.history.com/news/uss-nim...-ufo-encounter

That's not even the most interesting or telling of such encounters, just the one that's gotten the most attention lately.

* The Navy's term for UFO.

Last edited by WillBrink; 01-22-20 at 14:27.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Technology today has all but proven that these things are real, tangible and measurable. The position of the US Navy on the Nimitz event speaks volumes.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    When the universe is made up mostly of matter we have very little understanding of (Dark matter) and is expanding due to a force we know nothing about (Dark Energy), it's a safe conclusion to make we don't know chit and at best, almost insignificant. So many people still think we're the center of it all.
    Technically we are at the center of the observable universe, since we are the observers.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    The Holy Bible has explained everything, perfectly clear thousands of years ago. Everything I or you need to know, no more, no less, is right there. Youll either believe it, or not. But one fine day youre gonna find out.
    There are NO aliens or intelligent life outside of Earth, period. There ARE however, as the Bible points out, fallen angels..also known as demons.
    Now, some of you have no problem in believing in aliens & such, but chuckle at the mention of God, angels, demon, the Bible, ect.
    All the ever changing theories, hypotheses, GUESSES, LIES, & agendas, paradoxes, equations, schools of thought, many so utterly ludicrous as to be comical, are believable, but the Biblical version is the one thats crazy & wackadoo. Never understood that.
    I dont care what yall believe- but on the loooong list of shit I worry about..ufo's & aliens AINT part of it.
    I rolled my eyes so hard I think I hurt myself.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    Technology today has all but proven that these things are real, tangible and measurable. The position of the US Navy on the Nimitz event speaks volumes.
    Uh huh. Some people saw some things. Speaks volumes but what does it say?

I see that a lot of people are all atwitter over this stuff (for decades), but...so what? What has come of it, how has it affected us (other than some rather hilarious TV series), and what do we do about it?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Technically we are at the center of the observable universe, since we are the observers.
    Deep! Schrödinger and his cat would be proud.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    When the best tech we have via the USS USS Nimitz and USS Princeton, and two fighters have radar lock while simultaneously viewed physically by the pilots doing things no craft we're aware of can perform, that's well beyond some people seeing some stuff that can't explain. The senior people on those ships were so concerned by it, they decided to send the two f18s that were out training to go check the "anomalous aerial vehicles"* and that resulted in the vids and visuals they saw that 100% corresponded with their own radar. While the interview with the pilots interesting, I found the interview with the Princeton’s senior radar operator, Kevin Day (below), even more credible in terms of something being in their airspace.

That's well beyond some people seeing stuff stuff they can't explain so they claim UFO and such. One of the better summaries of that event:

https://www.history.com/news/uss-nim...-ufo-encounter

That's not even the most interesting or telling of such encounters, just the one that's gotten the most attention lately.

* The Navy's term for UFO.

Funny thing about class programs is not everyone the world is read in on them. Go figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    When we get into a religious discussion and science at the same time, it all goes to hell fast. I come from a strong Christian background, but I ask the questions theologians don't want to tackle - like when Cain got kicked out of Eden, and he went to the Land of Nod and he built a city. For whom? So much of the Bible is based on parables or stories which explain greater concepts in simple terms. I don't have a problem trying to compare Bible and Space Sciences regarding Alien beings. It all has to fit together somehow. Like there is some supreme intellect that covers the universe - a God. Religion requires faith they say. Without faith, you are only guessing if there is an afterlife or God.

Well here is one part of the Bible that tells me external knowledge was given to Biblical figures by some kind of external force. Moses is the guy who wrote the first 5 books of the Bible, also known as the Pentateuch. Here's a dude that lived 3000 years ago, yet in a simplistic narrative called Genesis, he gave a pretty accurate description of an explosion from nothing to something - Dark then Light. A primordial earth without real form, then covered by water, following by a separation of land and water. All these things happen, animals, etc. and then modern humans are the last thing created. It's kind of the Cliff Notes of what happened, but made simple for a simple human.

The key is how would some guy who lived 3000 years ago know the proper sequence of events without Earth Science or Cosmology education? He was too accurate in the proper sequence to have guessed these things - he had to have gotten this info from some external source than the world of 1300 BC. I think he was given images of what happened, but it was simplified for his primitive human mind, otherwise it would have been too complicated.

Understanding that Moses got some information from a source not available to humans at that time tells me there is something more - something external to Earth that is intellectual and greater than we can imagine. For the Christian, Angels have wings. Why can't these beings fly around in vehicles that defy all known laws of physics?
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast