Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Top-secret UFO files could ‘gravely damage’ US national security, Navy says

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    OK then, since you know evolutionary theory, what is the probability of parallel evolution producing exactly the same result on two different planets with widely difference conditions?
    Impossble to know much less calculate under current knowledge given the n =1 example we have currently. Considering the type of numbers we are working with, I, like most scientists, consider the probability as being very high. Higher than the likelihood we perfected time travel, but again, impossible actually calculate at all, so 100% WAG at this time. Hell, could be both, or neither too!

And then multiply that by differential evolutionary histories at each and every moment. So, did that planet have dinosaurs and an extinction event allowing the rise of mammals? And at the same time as ours? My statement of "millions" probably should have been billions. Where is the evidence that aliens even have DNA? Why would we assume they do?
    Who says we do? Who says they'd have evolutionary histories anything like ours at all, or maybe it's a typical of evolutionary histories that results in intellegent life at some point that then goes on to control their own evolutionary histories as we are currently doing? I/we, have no idea what the answer is at this time.

Then there is the question of how do they get here? Warp drive? Now you have to prove that up too. Fly through a black hole? Black holes are now known to be black stars so that is gone.l Construct a machine with such gravitational force it can fold space? We would detect that.
    There's various possible methods of FTL travel that do not break the laws of physics as we currently understand them, a civilization that's say a million years older than we are may have come with a few more we didn't consider, and the oposite of being unable to answer those Qs does not default to = they're time travelers as some how being more probable.

I don't find any credible evidence for aliens at all. There is not credible evidence for time travel yet it is infinitely more probably as a source for UFOs or "aliens" than creatures from another planet.
    Which is a bias you have, that is supported by nothing but a WAG at this time. I actually tend to think the idea of it them being from a parallel universe as likely, if not more so, than aliens or time travelers, and that too is...well, you know.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Bwahahahah

This thread keeps getting more hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    Bwahahahah

Exactly. You could replace all this with Bigfoot sightings and evidence. Same thing.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    Bwahahahah

If you don't enjoy the topic and or understand the science discussed as points of interest for some, and have no intent to actually post anything of value or OT, why post at all?
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    If you don't enjoy the topic and or understand the science discussed as points of interest for some, and have no intent to actually post anything of value or OT, why post at all?
    I find a lot of value in the mental gymnastics and theoretical physics. It’s quite good for entertainment.

I didn’t say anything about not enjoying or understanding anything.

If you didn’t find my expression of amusement worthwhile, why respond to me?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Exactly. You could replace all this with Bigfoot sightings and evidence. Same thing.
    That is false. The evidence for BF is not even in the same realm as that for UFO's. You either don't actually follow the topic in depth, or don't understand it. Feel free to start a dedicated BF thread if the topic of interest to you. Science minded people stress the U in UFO, but few who have been really tracking the topic, especially in light of recent events and developments, deny something is in out airspace that can't be explained away or dismissed.

Anyone not capable of admitting that at this point, suffers cognitive dissonance or not really paying attention.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    That is false. The evidence for BF is not even in the same realm as that for UFO's. You either don't actually follow the topic in depth, or don't understand it. Feel free to start a dedicated BF thread if the topic of interest to you. Science minded people stress the U in UFO, but few who have been really tracking the topic, especially in light of recent events and developments, deny something is in out airspace that can't be explained away or dismissed.

Anyone not capable of admitting that at this point, suffers cognitive dissonance or not really paying attention.
    I don't have interest in Bigfoot at all. As far as you claiming "science" and all. That is the only difference in the BF theory. Other than that, both have no real substantial evidence other than eyewitness accounts and sh*tty video. Just because flying saucers and alien life fall into the scientific realm doesn't automatically make it more credible because "science". Bottom line is and has always been for awhile now: you have theories and hypotheses, with nor real substantial evidence. So do the BF people. Tell me how they are any less credible.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Hand in the Bible

Whilst attending a Big Foot convention for the lolz I was told with absolute certainty that big foot is real because we’ve never found remains or scat. Because they bury their dead and scat to avoid detection.

Feedback Score
    I don't have interest in Bigfoot at all. As far as you claiming "science" and all. That is the only difference in the BF theory. Other than that, both have no real substantial evidence other than eyewitness accounts and sh*tty video. Just because flying saucers and alien life fall into the scientific realm doesn't automatically make it more credible because "science". Bottom line is and has always been for awhile now: you have theories and hypotheses, with nor real substantial evidence. So do the BF people. Tell me how they are any less credible.
    Not only that, but the “space aliens” explanation requires science from theoretical physics.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Completely false. To repeat, the evidence between them is light years different. I recommend you take some time to dig a bit deeper on that one. The experience of the USS Nimitz and the two pilots alone easily demonstrate that's simply inaccurate assessment.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast