Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Top-secret UFO files could ‘gravely damage’ US national security, Navy says

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    When the universe is made up mostly of matter we have very little understanding of (Dark matter) and is expanding due to a force we know nothing about (Dark Energy), it's a safe conclusion to make we don't know chit and at best, almost insignificant. So many people still think we're the center of it all.
    Einstein's cosmological constant May very well have explained it over 100 years ago...
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How is that relevant? Ever hear of panspermia? We could be here due to random chance (evolution), or panspermia, or aliens decided to start it, or intelligent design, or a higher power, but it's unrelated to whether it happened somewhere else in the universe too, or happened differently than it happened on this planet.

Statistically speaking, the likelihood of their not being life elsewhere is damn close to zero when you look at the type of numbers you're working with.

The pressing Q still really comes down to whether that life has actually visited us.

The how we got here is a totally different issue/debate
    Actually the math shows the exact opposite. Self replicating proteins developing into self replicating simple systems (single celled organisms) spontaneously, is unbelievably unlikely. Like 1 in 1x10^560 CONSERVATIVELY speaking. That's a few hundred zeros more than there are PARTICLES in the entire universe.

Also, please looks up The Fermi Paradox.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    Einstein's cosmological constant May very well have explained it over 100 years ago...
    I'm no cosmologist but I try and keep up best I can with the big picture stuff. Interesting read on that:

https://physicsworld.com/a/the-dark-energy-deniers/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I'm no cosmologist but I try and keep up best I can with the big picture stuff. Interesting read on that:

https://physicsworld.com/a/the-dark-energy-deniers/
    In a nutshell his theory had two parts, first there was some strange kind of energy-fluid that filled space, some kind of field that creates this cosmic acceleration.

Next, that empty space can possess its own energy and this energy is a property of space itself, so as more space comes into existence, more of this energy would appear and this form of energy would cause the universe to expand faster and faster.

But most physicists willadmit that no one understands why the cosmological constant should even be there, much less why it would have exactly the right value to cause the observed acceleration of the universe.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by armtx77 View Post
    So, you are correlating the finite amount of beach space on this planet. With the unkown finite space, of Space?

For it to be a Logical Fallacy, one has to employ logic. You just compared a Finite amount of space(Beaches confined to our planet) against the entire space of the Universe.

Am I reading you correctly on this?
    Here’s another example:

A drunk is swaying underneath a light pole. A cop comes along asks what he is doing. The drunk says he is looking for his keys. The cop asks where he lost them and the drunk says over there. Why are you looking here, asks the cop. Because the light is better here, responds the drunk.

Just because there is a lot of space doesn’t mean there is a lot of anything.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Actually the math shows the exact opposite. Self replicating proteins developing into self replicating simple systems (single celled organisms) spontaneously, is unbelievably unlikely. Like 1 in 1x10^560 CONSERVATIVELY speaking. That's a few hundred zeros more than there are PARTICLES in the entire universe.
    There's no actual way to calculate such a thing with any accuracy at all. That's a WAG at best. Where does it originate?

Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Also, please looks up The Fermi Paradox.
    I'm well aware of the The Fermi Paradox. It does not prove or disprove anything and is hypothesis that attempts to explain why we have not discovered intelligence species outside of our own planet as sort of a counter to the Drake Equation. If the The Fermi Paradox is enough for you and others as proof we're alone in the universe, all good by me. It does alter my view on the topic at all.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    As Will said, all of that was hypotheses long before the first exoplanet was ever discovered. Prior to us discovering them almost on a daily basis it was long believed that extrasolar planets were very rare if they existed at all, because no evidence existed. Then, suddenlywith new tech, boom! As of 1 January 2020, there are 4,160 confirmed exoplanets in 3,090 systems, with 676 systems having more than one planet.

https://exoplanetarchive.ipac.caltec...ts_detail.html
    Last edited by tn1911; 01-17-20 at 19:44.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    The Holy Bible has explained everything, perfectly clear thousands of years ago. Everything I or you need to know, no more, no less, is right there. Youll either believe it, or not. But one fine day youre gonna find out.
    There are NO aliens or intelligent life outside of Earth, period. There ARE however, as the Bible points out, fallen angels..also known as demons.
    Now, some of you have no problem in believing in aliens & such, but chuckle at the mention of God, angels, demon, the Bible, ect.
    All the ever changing theories, hypotheses, GUESSES, LIES, & agendas, paradoxes, equations, schools of thought, many so utterly ludicrous as to be comical, are believable, but the Biblical version is the one thats crazy & wackadoo. Never understood that.
    I dont care what yall believe- but on the loooong list of shit I worry about..ufo's & aliens AINT part of it.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    The Holy Bible has explained everything, perfectly clear thousands of years ago. Everything I or you need to know, no more, no less, is right there. Youll either believe it, or not. But one fine day youre gonna find out.
    There are NO aliens or intelligent life outside of Earth, period. There ARE however, as the Bible points out, fallen angels..also known as demons.
    Now, some of you have no problem in believing in aliens & such, but chuckle at the mention of God, angels, demon, the Bible, ect.
    All the ever changing theories, hypotheses, GUESSES, LIES, & agendas, paradoxes, equations, schools of thought, many so utterly ludicrous as to be comical, are believable, but the Biblical version is the one thats crazy & wackadoo. Never understood that.
    I dont care what yall believe- but on the loooong list of shit I worry about..ufo's & aliens AINT part of it.
    Ok...

I can’t help but sense in your post that you might feel threatened by the idea of life elsewhere?

God is free to create however he likes. Just as we love all life on Earth as God’s creation, so should we love whatever alien life we might discover. After all we would be of the same creator, no?

You state that “There are NO aliens or intelligent life outside of Earth, period.”

You have absolutely no evidence to back that up... period. Such statements completely undermines any argument you might try to make. The Bible was written by man, not God but man. Perhaps you should look into the history of who actually wrote the Bible?
    Last edited by tn1911; 01-17-20 at 20:56.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    It is the human ego, arrogance, and self importance that prevents them from considering this as an option. This would mean they must answer to a higher power than them and don't really run the show. Believing in things that is more far fetched than the reason they don't believe in God because it is far fetched is their only other alternative. Also, saying that they only believe science, which in no way disproves God either, is usually the other excuse.

I'm all for science and finding out things, but saying look at the numbers of planets, the odds are in favor of this happening somewhere else, but, in turn, ignoring the significantly even larger numbers of how unlikely spontaneous life could actually happen is almost laughable.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 01-17-20 at 21:24.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast