Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 43 magazine extension

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Glock 43 magazine extension

What magazine extension is everyone running on their G43 for edc? Any good ones? Any to stay away from?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Pearce +0, stock +0, or none.

Because reliability matters.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    When I ran a G43, I found that sometimes the +2 Vickers/Tango Down extension made it hard for the slide to strip the first round during reloads due to mag spring pressure. If you were applying any pressure to the slide when depressing the slide release it could slow the slide too much to reliably strip the first round.

Feedback Score
    Taran Tactical +1.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy27012 View Post
    What magazine extension is everyone running on their G43 for edc? Any good ones? Any to stay away from?
    For best results, leave it alone.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    We have Vickers Tango Down +2 extensions on 3 mags right now, put a fair amount of rounds through each, no reliability problems.

They do come with their own springs, which is good.

Feedback Score
    Had good luck with the Pearce +1. Have approximately 500 rounds through 4 magazines with their extension, no malfunctions and seems to add minimal height. Have a large hand and was more sold on the improved grip over the addition of 1 round but if reliability is there more ammo is a good thing.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Indeed, one of the things we like about the Vickers TD is the way they extend the grip so perfectly.

The more research I do on this, the more it's beginning to look like some of the G43s are just "picky" about reliability with extensions. For some folks, nothing they try, other than stock 6 rounders, seem to work.

For the rest of us, they work fine with what we've got.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ETS 9 rounder with spacer.

I have 4 Tango Down extenders. On 3 factory G43 magazines I installed them on, the tubes bulged so that the magazines would not drop free. 1 stayed bulged even after removing the extension. Other than that, function was not affected.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Indeed, one of the things we like about the Vickers TD is the way they extend the grip so perfectly.

The more research I do on this, the more it's beginning to look like some of the G43s are just "picky" about reliability with extensions. For some folks, nothing they try, other than stock 6 rounders, seem to work.

For the rest of us, they work fine with what we've got.

Some people shoot a lot more carry ammo and will witness failures that most others won't.

These guns are not the same animal as the doublestack 9s.

I run 147 HST with no capacity adding extensions because none were reliable with that ammo long term. I can still get 1st round FTFeeds from slide lock about once every dozen reloads or so. It's clearable 100% of the time by tapping on the bottom of the mag.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast