Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock 43 magazine extension

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    Some people shoot a lot more carry ammo and will witness failures that most others won't.

These guns are not the same animal as the doublestack 9s.

I run 147 HST with no capacity adding extensions because none were reliable with that ammo long term. I can still get 1st round FTFeeds from slide lock about once every dozen reloads or so. It's clearable 100% of the time by tapping on the bottom of the mag.
    This was my experience.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    Some people shoot a lot more carry ammo and will witness failures that most others won't.

I run 147 HST with no capacity adding extensions because none were reliable with that ammo long term. I can still get 1st round FTFeeds from slide lock about once every dozen reloads or so. It's clearable 100% of the time by tapping on the bottom of the mag.
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    This was my experience.
    How are you guys handling slide-lock reloads - by using slide catch or by grabbing the slide in some manner? (I actually can't imagine using the slide catch)

I use the Tango downs on my second and third mags, have not shot a lot of carry rounds, but haven't experienced the same thing using Federal 124 HST. I use hand over rear of slide, pull back then crisply release. I'm left handed so that is pretty firmly ingrained.

The 124's are a little more snappy than my normal range loads, how do the 147's shoot?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The 147s are stout.

I can use the slide stop on the 43 pretty well.

124s are a safer bet, but 115gr Gold Dot have been what the 43s reliable run best with.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I typically ran Hornady FTX or Speer 124gr +P. +P is obviously stout.

26 Inf- I would use the slide stop. However, if I used it to release the slide while bearing pressure against the slide in conjunction with the +2 Vickers TD mag extension, it would occasionally fail to go fully into battery. Tapping the bottom of the mag or the slide fixed it right away each time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the replies.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Another vote for the Vickers. I use them in two mags with no issues- really like the extended grip as well. That said, I still like the factory six-rounder with pinky finger rest for even greater concealment, tho

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I like the pinky rest for getting it out of the holster and it makes reloads easier.

I've shot some ridiculous groups at 25 yards with a stock 43 with the flat base mags.

Feedback Score
    I have had good luck with the Vickers as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For those with ftf malfunctions, what ammo was it happening with? Only hollow points or with ball practice ammo to?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Pearce +1 in the pistol with Vickers +2 as reloads.

I have 8 mags setup, 4 each.

Only issues I have had were with ETS magazines (7/9/12 rounders, 2 of each). I like the ETS G19 mags, but the ETS G43s were utter garbage with my pistol; multiple failures to feed 124gr HSTs, 147gr HSTs, and 124gr Speer GDHPs. Ran ok with some FMJs but I tossed them after getting some run around with their C/S.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast