Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock 43 magazine extension

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    I like the pinky rest for getting it out of the holster and it makes reloads easier.

I've shot some ridiculous groups at 25 yards with a stock 43 with the flat base mags.
    Not with flat base, but with the Pearce pinky adapter.

Mine had a nice trigger out of the box.

I did add a set of 10-8 U-Notch sights with their fiber optic front.

It's a shooter, and I like it.

I do feel it is too big for pocket carry, though.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy27012 View Post
    For those with ftf malfunctions, what ammo was it happening with? Only hollow points or with ball practice ammo to?
    I don't recall if it did it with HP, but if definitely did it with ball.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    I don't recall if it did it with HP, but if definitely did it with ball.
    That's strange; I've never heard of one running hollow points but having an issue with ball. Do you happen to remember what grain projectile you were using?

I'm hoping to make it to the range tomorrow to put it through its paces... i'm wanting to try it with some things that has known stoppages.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    That's strange; I've never heard of one running hollow points but having an issue with ball. Do you happen to remember what grain projectile you were using?

I'm hoping to make it to the range tomorrow to put it through its paces... i'm wanting to try it with some things that has known stoppages.
    It wasn't an ammo issue. I just noticed it when practicing with ball. Of the three or so times it happened, I distinctly remember one being with ball ammo. The malfunctions were the same every time with the +2 extensions. The malfunction is purely an insufficient slide velocity issue stemming from drag from my thumb and having to strip an especially stiff top round when using +2 extensions. The pistol did have one other malfunction during the time that I had it but I don't have the notes on it.
    Last edited by opngrnd; 01-16-20 at 17:45.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    It wasn't an ammo issue. I just noticed it when practicing with ball. Of the three or so times it happened, I distinctly remember one being with ball ammo. The malfunctions were the same every time with the +2 extensions. The malfunction is purely an insufficient slide velocity issue stemming from drag from my thumb and having to strip an especially stiff top round when using +2 extensions. The pistol did have one other malfunction during the time that I had it but I don't have the notes on it.
    Ah, I gotcha. I just picked up a used G43 yesterday. It was dirty, so I cleaned it and polished the internals (like I do with all glocks). While hand cycling rounds, I was getting ftf with hollow points on the mag with the pinky extension (the one that comes from the factory) . A tap on the bottom of the mag and I would go right into battery.
    No failure of any kind with the flush fit mag. Being that this is going to be for carry, I was wanting to see what it prefers.

Speaking of, what are you guys using for defense ammo in these? I have heard the lighter stuff has better performance in shorter barrels.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Ah, I gotcha. I just picked up a used G43 yesterday. It was dirty, so I cleaned it and polished the internals (like I do with all glocks). While hand cycling rounds, I was getting ftf with hollow points on the mag with the pinky extension (the one that comes from the factory) . A tap on the bottom of the mag and I would go right into battery.
    No failure of any kind with the flush fit mag. Being that this is going to be for carry, I was wanting to see what it prefers.

Speaking of, what are you guys using for defense ammo in these? I have heard the lighter stuff has better performance in shorter barrels.
    My Shield has 124gr HST in it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I strongly recommend Gold Dot 115 grain standard pressure in these guns.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    We use RA9T.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    https://hyve-technologies.com/produc...y/glock-parts/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hyve Technologies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast