Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
it definitely might. i remember seeing a couple of posts where castle nuts became loose on dd rifles. do a forum search.

then do a forum search on how dd does not mark their bolts, so technically you really don't know if you're getting a dd bolt or what kind of bolt you are getting at all.

then go see a video from geissele how he talks about barrels (implying DD) not being true hammer forged with the chamber cut by a reamer after the forging process which can lead to accuracy and other issues.
Yes, a loose castle nut can cause a problem. Your rifle will not self destruct if it loosens. It will malfunction and you’ll look like that guy because your castle nut isn’t staked. Buy a $10 punch and move some metal over and you’ll be fine.

Haven’t watched the Geissele video but I do know this. DD sells a shit ton of barrels and you rarely if ever hear of accuracy or chamber issues. So either he wasn’t talking about DD or somehow through a miracle their barrels have an unbelievably high function rate.

Their bolts have not been known for issues either. I wouldn’t sweat it about the BCG or bolt. Their BCG’s are tested and I’d be surprised if their bolts aren’t as well.