Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Defense Pivot Pin Hole honed out: Problem or not?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Why not get a different rifle than the DD if that bothers you? SOLGW, Sionics, etc. At least those don't have plastic ejection port covers and plastic ambi safeties. I believe IG pointed out that DD uses a substandard castle nut as well but I can't point to that thread.
    Do you think the castle nut and staking on the DD is an issue? I don't remember there being a different castle nut than normal on there, but it was only staked in one place and not as impressive looking at on my other rifles.

I'm comparing several rifles right now and each one seems to have something that bothers me about it. The DD sticks out, though, because I love the RIS II rail, 14.5" pinned/welded CHF barrel, and the fact that it's a company with military contracts.

I now am pretty well over the anodizing thing in the pin holes, now it's just down to whether the castle nut and staking is a deal killer or not.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthwestAviator View Post
    I now am pretty well over the anodizing thing in the pin holes, now it's just down to whether the castle nut and staking is a deal killer or not.
    I can't tell if this is a sarcastic comment, but I really do hope so. If not - you're just trolling on this forum at this point.

Feedback Score
    It’s not sarcasm, and it’s not trolling. I simply want don’t want to spend $1500+ on what might be a rifle with substandard parts.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm more concerned with the fact that they don't (or haven't in some cases) use Aeroshell during the assembly as well as torquing the castle nut by hand.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthwestAviator View Post
    It’s not sarcasm, and it’s not trolling. I simply want don’t want to spend $1500+ on what might be a rifle with substandard parts.
    You bought a DD. Furniture is substandard. Gas port is substandard. Price is substandard. Castle nut is substandard.

I'm not being sarcastic, nor trolling, either.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    You bought a DD. Furniture is substandard. Gas port is substandard. Price is substandard. Castle nut is substandard.

I'm not being sarcastic, nor trolling, either.
    Fair enough. I respect the data you’ve posted over the years. So what, in your opinion, is not substandard that’s available today? If one wants a nice AR. LMT? BCM? Should I just get another 6920?
    Last edited by SouthwestAviator; 01-17-20 at 14:22.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    To quote jpmuscle: #kacmasterrace

Waiting for that raise to get mine, I build with Aero/Sionics/LaRue for now. Maybe build it yourself so you know who to blame for substandard quality.
    Last edited by CrowCommand; 01-17-20 at 15:18.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowCommand View Post
    To quote jpmuscle: #kacmasterrace

Waiting for that raise to get mine, I build with Aero/Sionics/LaRue for now. Maybe build it yourself so you know who to blame for substandard quality.
    KAC is certainly an option, the only one I've shot would not reliably cycle quality .223 pressure ammunition, which seems to be something others have experienced. That's the only thing that holds me back on them. I understand they're meant for full power military ammo, but in the civilian world I might need to be able to run .223 during ammo scares.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Please, PLEASE STOP! Enough already.

Feedback Score
    I'm still tempted by the DD M4A1 because it's almost exactly what I'm looking for, a Block II type. The only thing that concerns me now is the castle nut and staking. Moreso the castle nut itself.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast