Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prosecutions tied to AR15 design

Feedback Score

Prosecutions tied to AR15 design

This may be common knowledge, but an interesting article on how the design and assembly of the AR15 affects prosecutions, and how that affects future proposed laws.

ETA: https://apnews.com/396bbedbf4963a28bda99e7793ee6366
    Last edited by aap3535; 01-15-20 at 15:57.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Read about this somewhere else. Not sure if I like where they are going....could it lead to making the upper the “firearm”?
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Not only the AR15, but every modern rifle on the market.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My wife and I read this and our first thoughts were this leading to making the upper and lower serialized.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If I remember correctly, didn't FNC's serial numbers go the opposite way when the holder of the registered DIAS's put them on the market?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Feds can make a simple restructure of the 86 ban by having another amnesty. If they give amnesty to illegal aliens, giving it to inanimate objects shouldn't be a stretch. After all, the owners go through a more stringent check.....
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Read about this somewhere else. Not sure if I like where they are going....could it lead to making the upper the “firearm”?
    Agreed - this sounds like they are making a case to serialize all major parts.

This is what happens when people that don't understand rule on a topic...............

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    They’re eventually going to require serial numbers and transfers on bolts and barrels. If you’re trying to control the commerce, you have to control those two things.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Could this also affect pistol frames and slides? I know it’s a stretch, but what if you have beretta 92s with spare 96 slides\barrels or some thing similar.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Per usual they greatest threat to life and liberty inevitably ends up being ones own government.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast