Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finished my 10.3 today

Feedback Score
    Beautiful setup, it looks very well done with all the things you need without overdoing it

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have to ask, how brutal is the cherry bomb on your 10.3?
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    It’s pretty rough without the can. Makes a hell of a flash too. Fingers crossed, I should be only about another month out from getting approval on my Saker 556K that I bought last March ..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That's a really slick build! Nice work. I'm interested in learning more about the iconel gas tube - any particular reason behind the decision, just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Interesting setup there. Have you tried turning the front sight “backward” so it folds out over the barrel? That would also move your hand away from the sling swivel. Not a criticism, but the sling point was notable to me when I was setting up a similar carbine.
    I second this idea. A friend of mine used to do this on his 10.3" uppers and had good success balancing available rail real-estate with hand placement etc. He was a big dude too, and needed all the extra length/reach he could get.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Backup front sight does not need to be anywhere near the front of the rail. It is a secondary system. Your flashlight is a primary system. Cowan has a good video on this.

Another option is to use a fixed BUIS front sight, such as the Troy. This takes up less of your already limited rail space.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Smitty, that looks great!
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I have my OWL at the far end of my 11.5 gun and my rear BUIS behind it. Works great. No perceptible loss of function or accuracy within the context of it being a backup sight. I agree 100% with 1168.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12