Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Building AR-10, what to feed it?

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    My 308AR likes the IMI 168gr Razor Core. Price right now is around $.79 a round.

I'll have to give the Magtech 168 a try.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by n517rv; 01-21-20 at 19:47.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    You can buy Magtech Sniper ammo that is loaded with 168 grain SMK’s for .65 a round. I bought a case of it. For cheaper MEN German 147grain. The brass is great for reloading so save it. AM GUNNER by Hornady is another option. I use it in 6.5.

I’ve never bought S&B in 308 but tons in 6.5CM

Try to find cheap ammo loaded with a BTHP bullets and they will fly a bit better than flat based. Once you find a cheap load that your gun shoots 1.5 moa or better and it’s cheap STOCK UP.

Look on SG Ammo or Target Sports for good pricing

PB
    Magtech CBC Sniper 168 gr. with SMKs aren't in stock anywhere that I'm aware of. According to TargetSports-USA:
    Quote Originally Posted by TS-USA
    this Magtech 308D 308 Winchester product has been discounted and will be replaced by a new Sellier & Bellot 308 Winchester round that will be offered in the 168 and 175 Grain as well in 2020
    I'm guessing that they mean "discontinued" rather than "discounted", but either way, TS-USA is no longer a viable source for that round, which is a shame, since I also really like the round, as I could reliably get 1.5 MOA or less at 100 yards in my SR-25 with it, and it was only a few cents more per round than the M80 clones that I was getting 6 to 8 MOA out of. I'm switching to Prvi Partizan Match 155 gr. now, which I can get for the same price as Magtech at TS-USA, and it seems to hold around the same accuracy for my SR-25.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 01-18-20 at 23:12.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I’m bummed out that I only bought 400 round case. I also am bummed I didn’t buy more from a Global Orduance with buy one get one free with 168’s.

Oh well, I’ve got my fair Share.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    New guy here...came for the AR .308 discussions.

Have any of you tried/used Prime Ammo?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I never have but its FGMM prices. Must be decent though. Its pretty hard to fk up 168 or 175 SMK bullets.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12