What's funny is German law enforcement see's nothing wrong with your average LEO having a MP5, but they are aghast at the thought that US LEOs actually use 12 ga. shotguns, which Europeans find barbaric.

Thankfully not all hunters and target shooters are fudds, but honestly I know people who own AR-15s that think nobody should have an AK-47 (and yes I'm talking semi autos only). I also know people with CCWs who think lorcins, ravens, jennings and the like should be banned and they buy into that Saturday Night Special nonsense. I know people who own M1 Garands that think nobody should be allowed to own a SKS because gang members use them.

There is no end to divisiveness once you engage in it. Logic seldom factors and it comes down to you either respect peoples rights, even if you find how they use them distasteful or you don't actually respect people rights. This means if we really believe in free speech and free expression that means we have to listen to idiots in the KKK, ACP and ANP spout their stupidity so long as they don't turn actions into words.

As for guns, I think any non prohibited person should be able to walk into a gun store and buy an M4 / M16 for about the same price as a LE6920. I know that even though it could be used to kill people, a couple gallons of gasoline, door chains and locks can kill far more people than anyone carrying a full auto M4 and 150 rounds in loaded mags.

If ever I decided to kill everyone in the building, I could pull it off with $50. Thankfully most of the unstable people get their inspiration from video games or whatever and they don't rack up the serious body counts.