Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magpul getting into the “brace” market

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'm glad they decided to break into the brace game..

But..

I really don't think those will be nearly as successful as the SBA3 and SBA4, amongst others.

Those look like they were developed by Magpuls third string JV team. Not exactly what I would expect from them, but I suppose it's better than nothing.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    They aren't attempting to take over the market. What should matter most is they are helping it become mainstream. I think we'll only see more with such a well known brand behind it.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    ...they are helping it become mainstream
    I think this is most important.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, good on them, but it's a cooler shockwave.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    They look terrible.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    They aren't attempting to take over the market. What should matter most is they are helping it become mainstream. I think we'll only see more with such a well known brand behind it.
    SB has done an incredible job with that already.

Also, every local gunstore I know of has SB stuff on their shelves, and for the market I am in, that means mainstream presence and appeal.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    SB has done an incredible job with that already.

Also, every local gunstore I know of has SB stuff on their shelves, and for the market I am in, that means mainstream presence and appeal.
    Completely agree with you from the perspective of someone who is familiar with the industry. But for your guy who isn't familiar, I think Magpul being involved helps.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Completely agree with you from the perspective of someone who is familiar with the industry. But for your guy who isn't familiar, I think Magpul being involved helps.
    Competition always drives innovation that's for sure.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic79 View Post
    Stickman what do you know?
    According to my better half, I know slightly less than nothing.

There have been a lot of complaints about Magpul taking so long, copying others and taking the easy way out, failing to release a proactive new design, and on and on. I think people need to remember than the name of the game for a company is to make money. The original founder is gone, and the personnel have changed out numerous times, but what has continued is that Magpul makes money. I would guess they are making money now more than ever before. Having military contracts, being on shelves in every gun store, and covering a wide range of OEM on almost every major manufacturer show that Magpul is a powerhouse.

The internet might poo poo this offering, but I have zero doubt that buyers will be lined up to meet with Magpul employees waiting to take their orders and money come day one of SHOT.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Magpul getting into the “brace” market

I agree with Stick that Magpul will make money with these. I’d suspect the major buyers of these will be firearm manufacturers as OEM for their pistols, similar to the myriad of MOE furniture equipped guns that come that way from the “factory”. Magpul now has a turn-key solution for gun makers to dress up their base-model pistols in addition to their rifles. It’s a logical move.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast