Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NF ATACR 1x8

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SDG8 View Post
    Did you think the ATACR 1-8 was too heavy for a carbine?
    I don’t find it too heavy on a 308 gas gun. No experience using it on a 5.56 AR, but i wouldn’t hesitate to do so. Don’t overthink this. You own it. Put it in a mount. Try it out. Make changes if it doesn’t suit you.
    Last edited by JoshNC; 01-21-20 at 00:34.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    I don't get it, you literally own the optic...can't you answer that question for yourself. Maybe bolt it on one of your carbines and run around with it? People really need to stop caring about how other people are running their guns. Instagram and Fb really did a number on the gun community.
    They've done a number on mental health, in general. I see a lot of psych issues exacerbated by them in ways that get people placed on lockdown psychiatric units.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I don't get it, you literally own the optic...can't you answer that question for yourself. Maybe bolt it on one of your carbines and run around with it? People really need to stop caring about how other people are running their guns. Instagram and Fb really did a number on the gun community.
    Color me confused too. I saw a picture the OP posted where he not only owns the ATACR, but also what appeared to be a 16" AR15.

OP, you have lots of cents, translate that into sense now. If you own everything you are asking about, take 10 minutes out of your day and figure it out....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Color me confused too. I saw a picture the OP posted where he not only owns the ATACR, but also what appeared to be a 16" AR15.

OP, you have lots of cents, translate that into sense now. If you own everything you are asking about, take 10 minutes out of your day and figure it out....

I appreciate everyone's input and rebukes as well. I do own these rifles and optics, and I was looking for a more real world input. However, as many have showed me in this thread, it comes down to what's best for ME. I need to be concerned how other people run their setups.

Again, I appreciate everyone's input. I just need to take time and get out.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I appreciate everyone's input and rebukes as well. I do own these rifles and optics, and I was looking for a more real world input. However, as many have showed me in this thread, it comes down to what's best for ME. I need to be concerned how other people run their setups.

More training, less item buying. I did what you did years ago, and sold it all and started over, basically.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

More training, less item buying. I did what you did years ago, and sold it all and started over, basically.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PappyM3 View Post
    That's a load of, well...

It's a fantastic "fighting" optic, as in for actual fighting. If your definition of "fighting" involves 2-gun or 3-gun matches, yeah maybe you're right. But that's not actual fighting. In actual firefights, even when having to hump it over many kilometers, it's not too heavy.
    Damn. I wish I knew something about what that’s like.

Thanks for the input, hero.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Lol facts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Damn. I wish I knew something about what that’s like.

Thanks for the input, hero.
    Yeah, go ahead and be sarcastic. You were wrong, plain and simple. If you left it at you saying you thought it was too heavy for your preferences, sure, can't argue with that. But I question the extent of your actual combat experience if you think think it's too heavy to be a fighting optic.

ATACR 1-8: 21 ounces
    Vortex Razor Gen II 1-6: 21.5 ounces
    Elcan Specter DR: 23 ounces

Both the Vortex and Elcan are widely acknowledged as good fighting optics, with extensive use in theaters around the world. And hey, the ATACR is the lightest of the three. And the fact that USSOCOM selected the ATACR as one of their fighting optics, well I guess that doesn't mean much, right?

But hey, what do I know, I don't post nearly as much as you on an internet forum.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Pap smear,

You thought I was without an OIF DD214 and wanted to insinuate to everyone how you have so much combat experience (lol you still in? It’s been a while since I’ve had to measure dicks)

We just have different definitions of the word “fighting”, and I didn’t bother pointing it out since it was 4am and I was tired from my night out with your mom. (Maybe I’m your Pappy?)

My days of carrying rifles with or without an optic on humps are over. I suspect the OP isn’t going to Afghanistan or to fight ISIS with his ATACR either. Where I, and many others, apply the term “fighting” gun are CONUS self defense shootings. For that I want something on the lighter end that isn’t too heavy to hold up on target for a long time. Truthfully, I like Aimpoint micros for everything.

But either way, I was wrong. No sarcasm. No BS. It’s really not too heavy for a “fighting gun” on any account. My preference would be to go with something lighter, though.

Thanks

PS I’ve never shot a 3 gun match.

PPS Is the M3 in your screen name from the car? I’m actually shopping for one. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 01-26-20 at 17:26. Reason: I actually kinda like this guy.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast