Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: USSOCOM Takes Delivery of new Sig Sauer MG 338 Machine Gun

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L. View Post
    I don't trust Sig to do anything right and follow through with production of reliable and durable products.
    This, I am wondering which of the decision makers are about to retire and start new careers at SIG.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Yamn.... wake me when they get the minigun version up and running...

Makers of the Famous Minigun Give Us Our First Look at a .338 Magnum Gatling Gun - The Drive
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    This, I am wondering which of the decision makers are about to retire and start new careers at SIG.
    Same. General Dynamics had a .338 NM machine gun for years...and Sig suddenly just suddenly wins the contract out of nowhere.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    If this comes to pass and the .mil starts fielding more gun systems in .338NM, shouldn't that eventually trickle down as lower cost ammo options (and brass for reloading) for the civilian market? If so, it would seem like choosing NM over Lapua for a LR rig would make more sense?
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Agreed.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    LOL, not sure if SIG is a big enough firm to offer the kind of stupid money a Colonel or General expects for being a shill. I guess they must.

SIG: “Welcome aboard General, nice to have you, as part of a welcoming package we’ve taken the liberty of applying our signature rainbow titanium finish to every surface in your new office!”

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    LOL, not sure if SIG is a big enough firm to offer the kind of stupid money a Colonel or General expects for being a shill. I guess they must.

SIG: “Welcome aboard General, nice to have you, as part of a welcoming package we’ve taken the liberty of applying our signature rainbow titanium finish to every surface in your new office!”
    They’ve been on quite the run since the 320 on scoring contracts. I’d like to believe that its on merit, but c’mon, nobody’s THAT good, or even THAT cheap. We even bought their optics. Sig’s been “making” optics since when ? Last week?

I want in on the hookers. You can keep the cocaine.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Correct me if I’m wrong isn’t the one common factor in all of these contracts sole source of ammo provider?

Like if I were .MIL to me that seems retarded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    IIRC, when SIG won the M17/M18 contract that included supplying all the associated ammo. I'm surprised that didn't include the holsters and mag pouches as well.
    Last edited by Slater; 01-18-20 at 18:08.

Feedback Score
    That Gatling gun would be pretty sweet on a drone.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast