Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: USSOCOM Takes Delivery of new Sig Sauer MG 338 Machine Gun

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mounted coaxially in the Abrams this would shine.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'm thinking I would want something more robust as a coax, might work with a heavier barrel.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    According to the .338NM wiki page, they can more easily load 300 grain low drag bullets without affecting the OAL of the round as might happen with a .338 Lapua
    From what I've read, it seems like the .338NM is more or less the next evolution of the .338 Lapua.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Sig has been hitting some contracts out of the park.

Agreed, that M4 stock does look way out of place and kinda stupid but that is just looks, not function.

I know in the article it stated that the .338 Norma Magnum was a ‘belted cartridge’. I didn’t think that was the case, and looking at various pictures, it doesn’t appear to be either. Am I missing something?
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Needs more rainbow titanium...

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    From what I've read, it seems like the .338NM is more or less the next evolution of the .338 Lapua.
    It kind of reminds me of an Ackley Improved type of deal with that steeper shoulder, though the cartridge has a shorter OAL.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    One bad a$$ looking MG is is too. .338 Norma Magnum? Seems very niche round for them to adopt no? Is there anything else already in the inventory that could fill the gap between 7.62 and .50? [/url]
    338 Lapua could, but there are no machine guns in 338 Lapua in inventory.

The benefits to a 338 magnum-class machine gun are there - basically the weight of an M240 with the reach of an M2 - so I think the acquisition is well justified. And I don't think there are enough 338 Lapua rifles or ammunition in inventory to make the change in cartridge anything but maybe a speedbump.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't trust Sig to do anything right and follow through with production of reliable and durable products.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Barrett MRAD is being adopted in 6.5 creedmore, 300 norma mag and 338 norma mag.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L. View Post
    I don't trust Sig to do anything right and follow through with production of reliable and durable products.
    I’m waiting for the Legion Version with the multicolor G10 grips....
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast